Chapter 37 - Two Hearts Unity.

Ishita Hassan

Project works went well as we planned. I had the sketching design done in a month and since it's a larger project, it comes along with many complexity and therefore the Planning Authority had took time upon the approval of the design I made.

After approximately two months and a half, my part of work was completely done as the construction had began by now.

Though all this days, only one thing never changed in me which is missing him and his roses. Yes, he stopped delivering me the bouquet hereafter our last argument and on top of that, he kept up his words for real.

He never even came to see me and when he does, I would be either sleeping soundly in my room or I would be so damn busy with works. Guess, he intentionally comes over at the time he knew that I will be unavailable and I don't know why is he doing this? Even if call him to ask about his whereabout, he would simply ditch me saying that he's busy with work. But didn't he the one who said that I'm first before anything?

Is he still mad at me for what happened that day? Doesn't he love me anymore? This questions would run in my mind whenever I had this thoughts.

Now, I'm totally free out of works and I'm going to demand his attention.

"Ishita, dinner's ready. " I heard my mother yelling from downstairs, pulling me out of my trance.

"Coming, maa. " I shouted back and I looked at my handphone again, as I have been combating with my brain for 15 minutes right now whether to call him or not.

Since my company planned to organize their annual gathering function, I thought that I could attend it with my husband and it's been only 3 months since I joined the company so bringing a partner would help me be. On the thought of using this opportunity to see him, I decided to call him over and ask him as my date.

But there's this tiny bit of ego stopping me.

I really want to see him, to hug him and to even kiss him. I love him for God sake, so why this ego?

"Ugh, fine. " I groaned to myself and fetched my handphone.

Unlocking my screen, I tap on the contacts and my thumb right away pressed the 'A. My Husband '.

I gasped when I heard the call dialing and my body was sweating in nervousness. What should I tell him? Oh, right. About the annual gathering function it is.

"Hello, my love. " I listened his sweet cooing and my cheeks already get tainted.

"No one's there? " he questioned and I quickly answered, afraid that he would cut the call.

"I'm here, Nathan. " I said and I heard him humming.

"So what's the call for, my love? " Because I miss you so much and I want to use the company's annual gathering as a reason to meet up with you. I minded but didn't voiced it out.

"I...urmm...I called because..." I was stammering for what to say and he chuckles.

Oh my God, it's so obvious isn't it? I should just give in.

"...because, I want to invite you to my company's annual gathering. The requirement is to have a date and I want you to be my date. " I let know in a go and released a relief breath.

"Oh, when is it? " he asked and I informed him the details. It is one week from now on and I couldn't wait to meet my man.

Oh my, did I just say tha-

I was thinking but went surprised when he said, "I'm sorry, wifey. I can't make it on that day. I wouldn't be here at all as I will be flying to Canada by that time. "