⁰¹, new surroundings

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter one; 
new surroundings

"Honestly Mouse, you are always the centre of attention

"Honestly Mouse, you are always the centre of attention."

Lacey Ariane Zabini

THE TRAIN SLOWLY STARTS MOVING MAKING ME LOSE MY BALANCE FOR A MOMENT. I step back trying not to fall, making a girl behind me chuckle. I turn around and my eyes meet a beautiful black-haired girl with forest green eyes. Behind her, there is a cute brown-haired boy who also chuckles. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude, are you okay?" She says friendly, but also a bit cold. "Yea, you'd think I got used to it after five years of travelling to school by train, but when it catches me off guard, I can't do anything about it," I state as I grab my cat as she tries to escape. 

"By train-, how come we have never seen you?" The boy says confused. Now it is my turn to chortle a bit. "Because this is the first time I am on the train to Hogwarts. I went to Ilvermorny before. Lacey Zabini, nice to meet you." Silence. It looks like they are trying to wrap their head around the words I just said. 

"Lacey-" "Zabini," Both of them mumble and I snort a bit. "You may know my brother, Blaise. I was actually looking for him, do you know where I can find him?" "Yea, follow us-" The boy says as he walks past me. When walking to the right compartment the girl and I talk for a bit. 

"I am Pansy Parkinson, sorry if I sounded a bit cold. It's an attitude I keep up. He is Theodore Nott, he's really nice." She says as points to the boy who is walking in front of us. "I have the same, I can be a real bitch to people I don't know." We both laugh and I brush my hand through my hair. We arrive at the coupe and Theo and Pansy walk in before me. 

"That Hogwarts calls themself a school. Father wanted to send me to Durmstrang but my mother didn't think it would be a good idea-" "Stop whining, Malfoy. It makes you look like a bitch!" 

I state making the boy turn his head to me. "Lacey?" "The one and only." A laugh escapes my mouth before I start walking towards the boy who doesn't know how fast to get on his feet. "Merlin, I missed you, Lace," He murmurs in my ear as he hugs me tight. 

~

"Headmaster Fontaine, sent me a letter to bring me up to date with the events at Ilvermorny and I want you to know that I am sorry for your loss." The old man says as he sits down behind the counter. "Thank you, sir," I say while walking to the chair with the hat and put it on my head. Ambitious, smart, a real leader... Where do I put you? I can hear his voice in my head as it debates with himself where to put me. Horned serpent at Ilvermorny, but will it be Ravenclaw or Slytherin... I patiently wait for his answer, which doesn't take long. 

"SLYTHERIN!" A smile plays around my mouth as I get up and look at the headmaster. "Something tells me, you know how to get to the Slytherin common room. Be careful miss Zabini, we don't want them to know your secret, do you?" "No, sir!" I say serious, before leaving the man alone in his office. 

As I walk to the common room I watch the school. Everything is so beautiful, maybe even more than Ilvermorny. A couple of ghosts wander around in the corridors, not paying attention to me. 

"Honestly Mouse, you are always the centre of attention." Riven laughs as we step into the courtyard. A couple of students stare at us but I really couldn't care less. "That's not true, they are all staring at you, Riv. You are a hot bachelor." "Well thank you-" He chuckles making Odeya snort. "Stop bickering you two, we need to find a place to sit, some third-year students stole our spot." She points at the spot, but the moment they notice us they quickly move to another place. "They are all so scared," I smirk as I sit down and lean against the wall. "Yea, of you Mouse, and Odeya, I don't know what you did but everyone is talking about it." I glance at my best friend for a moment before focussing on the boy again. "We may or may not have pranked Christian, because he cheated on me." "Oh no-" 

"You are not supposed to be in the halls after curfew, miss-" "Zabini," I say as I turn around to the man. "Yes, I see. That will be detention." "But I came from professor Dumbledore!" "One week! Anything else miss Zabini?" I open my mouth to say something but quickly change my mind. "That's what I thought." He says before marching away with his cat. 

"Mudblood" When arriving at my common room I mumble the password before stepping inside. "There you are! What took you so long?" 

"I came across this man and he gave me detention," I mutter to Pansy as I sit down on one of the sofas. "You already have detention?" Another girl says surprised but with a small grin. "Yes- I already hate that man with his stupid cat!" "Filch-" The three girls speak at the same time, making me chuckle. "I didn't introduce myself yet, I am Athena Coldwell and that's Daphne Greengrass." The red-haired girl says while pointing at the dirty blonde-haired girl. "We will share our dormitory together, we wanted to wait till you were here." Daphne finishes with a smile. 

"That's really nice-" "We are really nice-" Pansy smirks as she gets up. "Let's go to the dormitory, I have snacks and drinks over there." "Yes, sounds good!" I state before following the girls upstairs.