¹⁴, valentine's surprise

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter fourteen;
valentine's surprise

chapter fourteen;valentine's surprise

"Who's that? Your side piece?"

Lacey Ariane Black

I FALL FACE FIRST IN THE SNOW making all of my friends laugh. "Arghh it is so cold!" I whine as I try to get up without getting the snow inside my clothes. Two pair of hand each grab one arm helping me stand. "Thank you for that." I chuckle brushing all the snow off. "No problem," Draco says before going back to Hermione. "Yea, really no problem." The other boy says with a smile. 

"You are a terrible person, Theo, did anyone ever tell you that?" 

"Hey!" Theodore says and I turn my head. "Yes, both of you," I state as I poke Mattheo. "What did I do wrong?" The boy continues a bit surprised. "Do you remember the Room of Requirement party? You know the one at the beginning of the year." A small smirk appears around his mouth now. "Okay yea, I was an arsehole during that party, but let's be honest. You liked it." 

"Okay back up, what happened during that party?" 

Blaise asks confused making both of us laugh. "You don't remember how we found them at our dormitory, the next morning?" Draco snickers while pulling Hermione closer. "I-" "He wasn't there, because he was at my dormitory." I clarify before I start walking. Mattheo's arm lays over my shoulder. 

"So how is mister I-try-to-fix-my- girlfriend?" 

"I haven't really spoken to him. I had to hear from his brother that he has been hanging out with an old school acquaintance, but then his little sister told me she still has a crush on him and yea...-" "It will be fine, now, stop whining, it is Valentine's day. We are going to have fun." I scoop some snow from a fence, already planning my payback. 

"Exactly, I should be with him right now, but I ended up going to Hogsmeade with my friends and you." "Why am I different?" He now stops walking. "You are just the moody snowman, who hangs out with us." "Snow-" the hand full of snow finds his face and I quickly sprint away from the boy. 

"Come back here, Black! You will pay!" 

He shouts as he starts to run after me. I zigzag over the path keeping him as far away as possible. I continue to run away from him till we arrive at the Three Broomsticks. I run inside almost tackling a waiter who was serving drinks. 

"Oh, I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention." 

"You can knock me over anytime." The boy flirts while trying to keep his tray steady. "Good to know," I wink at him before letting my eyes wander around the place. His red hair jumps out of it but when I see the tanned girl in front of him, my heart sinks to my feet.

"Lacey you will pay for-" A Mattheo with a face covered in snow bursts inside, but breaks his sentence the moment he catches what I am staring at. The rest of the group also walks inside and the waiter I was just talking to turns to me. "A table of two?" "Eight actually." When hearing my voice the boy looks up and I don't know what he's thinking. He stands making his way towards me, to us. 

"Lacey, what are you doing here?" He asks carefully. My friends sit down and try not to stare at the situation in front of them. "It's Valentine's day. You know that Hogwarts lets students go to Hogsmeade on Valentine's day. So the real question is, what are you doing here...-" Silence. I look over his shoulder at the girl who is staring at us. "Who's that? Your side piece?" "Don't be like that, she is my friend." "A friend? With how many friends do you spend Valentine's day, huh?" 

"You are not the one to judge, you are here with them too." He spits out the words clearly showing how much he hates the Slytherins. "And Hermione, what the hell are you doing with those." He continues when seeing the friend of his little brother. "Keep her out of this, I am here with my friends, while you are here with your female friend who wants to fuck you!" I snap at him causing that the entire restaurant stares at us. "What do you want me to say? It is not-"

"It's her or me, Fred." I hate myself for doing this, but I can't risk getting hurt again. I can't handle another Christian, it will break me and everything I thought I knew about myself. "You can't be serious... Don't you trust me?" I stay silent for a moment, not knowing how to respond. "I do, but- No...- you need to choose her or me?" 

The insecurities hit me like a bomb but I know I don't have to worry, he will choose me, right? The boy takes his time and it worries me. He won't leave me, he can't leave me. He moves away from me, just one step creating more distance. I stare at the ground, something breaking inside of me. As I look up my brown eyes are darker than ever. 

"Go ahead, Weasley. Take the easy way out...-" 

I eye him up and down and lick my lips as a grin appears. "While you still can-" I feel my act slipping away so I turn around grabbing Mattheo's wrist before getting both of us out.

The moment I stand outside, I vomit on the snow. My hands leaning on my thighs as Mattheo holds my hair out of my face. I retch a moment before coughing loudly. He helps me up gently cleaning me. 

"Lacey?" 

"Get me out of here-" I whimper softly before looking up to the boy. "Sounds like a plan, Black," he says before pulling me close and walking away with me.