¹², new guy

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter twelve;
new guy

"-But I wish it wasn't

"-But I wish it wasn't."

Lacey Ariane Black

I WALK INTO THE GREAT HALL, with Pansy and Hermione by my side when the whole Slytherin table starts to clap. "What the hell is going on?" I mumble making the girls grin. "What you did on the field, was pretty cool and I guess everyone else agrees with me," Pansy answers my question. We arrive at my friends and I sit down. "Welcome back, cousin." Draco chuckles while putting his arm around the brown-haired girl. 

"Good to be back, so tell me, with how much did we win?" "360 against 50. You did very well even after you passed out." "He is right you just laid there and it was really quiet." Theo teases me making me roll my eyes. "You are an arse, Theodore Nott." "I heard that before." 

The rest starts to talk when suddenly someone walks inside. A boy with dark brown hair and hazel brown eyes makes his way to the Slytherin table and sits down somewhere alone. Astoria Greengrass doesn't know how fast to get to the boy and sits down. "Merlin, always my sister-" Daphne states annoyed, which is telling me this happens more often. 

"Do we know his name?" 

Athena asks with a smile. "Give me one day and I know." I chuckle eyeing the boy up and down. When his brown-ish eyes meet mine a grin appears on my mouth. He mouths "help", causing me to laugh. "I need to go." "Of course she is going to flirt." Athena laughs. "Yea, well I have a boyfriend so I won't be doing that." 

"You what?" 

Blaise yells but I am already gone. I arrive at the boy making Astoria look up annoyed. "I think Dumbledore assigned me to you...- Okay that sounds weird, I mean that I am supposed to show you around, so why not start now?" "That's the best idea I have heard so far. I am coming with you." He laughs while getting up. He starts walking but I wait for a minute. 

"Oh and Astoria, it is always a pleasure." 

I glance at her for a moment and wink before walking after the boy. 

"You must be the new guy-" I state when we walk in a corridor. My eyes move over the boy and a small smile appears. "I have been here for what, five minutes? And you already know that I am new?" He asks confused but I spot a smirk around his lips. "I've been there, besides I easily recognise a new face," I state as I brush my hand through my hair. "But I will be friendly, okay? My name is Lacey Black." 

"Black as in Sirius Black?"

 "Yea, do you have a problem with that?" I roll my tongue over the inside of my cheek. "No. No, I don't, Mattheo Riddle." He puts out his hand and I grab it immediately. "Riddle as in Tom Riddle?" "Yes, do you have a problem with that?" "Absolutely not," I say with a grin as I continue walking. 

"That girl that was with me, she's-" "One of a kind. You just met Astoria Greengrass. I would stay out of her way if I were you." He laughs brushing his hand through his hair. "Noted." There is a small silence, but it isn't awkward at all. "You are that girl who got on her broom after falling 15 feet down, right?" "Oh, you saw that, well trust me, that wasn't one of my brightest moments." 

"I figured-" 

"So your dad is-" He nods answering the question I wanted to ask. "And are you?" He pulls up his sleeves revealing only skin, no tattoos. "Oh-" "I like to be my own person." 

"I have that too, why choose a side when you can choose your own side?" 

I state with a smile as I run my hand through my hair. "Exactly." For a moment neither of us is saying something. "My friends and I have this small party tonight in the dormitory of the boys, would you like to join us?" "Why not?" 

~

"Why didn't you tell me you have a boyfriend, Lace?" I take a hit of the joint that is going around the group. "It didn't come up, besides, it's none of your business." I chuckle before giving it to Mattheo. We are all sitting on the floor of the boys' dormitory. Pansy and Blaise disappeared a while ago and Draco lays with his head on Hermione's lap. She brushes her hands through his hair. 

"I am just saying, it is a detail that is quite important don't you think?" 

Theo questions backing up his lovesick friend. "I don't know, did I do anything with you these past weeks?" He shakes his head and Mattheo gives me a look. "So you did something with your brother's friend?" "Shut up, Riddle. I didn't have a boyfriend at the time." 

"But now you do." 

"However I wonder how long it is going to last," I respond making Hermione look up to me. "Wait, when did this happen?" "Around Christmas-" "So it is one of the twins." She states and I brush my hand through my hair. "Why would you think that... I-" "Let me guess, Fred Weasley." 

"You are in a relationship with Weasley?!" Draco bursts but Granger pushes him down again. 

"Leave her be, Draco." 

"But-" 

I roll my eyes and fall on my back, staring at the ceiling while ignoring the bickering of my friends. Mattheo appears above me with a small grin. "Are you okay? Do you need me to get you in a bed?" "Well, since you suggested it... yes please." He laughs before picking me up and getting me in the spare bed. 

As he lays next to me we both don't say a thing. "Why do I have a feeling that your life is more complex than any of your other friends understand?" "Because that's the case... But I wish it wasn't." 

Author's note:

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to tell you that I am so thankful for the 2K. Also, Matheo is finally here and I hope you are in for a rollercoaster ;) 
I am just curious, but where do you guys think I am from? Based on the way I communicate and write :)
Oh, and I really need more mutals, so if you are interested hit me up on Instagram: imjonna.b :)

xxx