¹³, don't look

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter thirteen;
don't look

"I don't think I am blessed

"I don't think I am blessed."

Lacey Ariane Black

"YOU ARE GETTING BETTER AND BETTER, GOOD JOB, LACEY!" I stare at the pink-haired woman who enjoys the little show I am giving her. "Better isn't good enough, what if I lose control in class or worse when I am with my family?" I say as I brush my hand through my hair. "I am family and did you ever hurt me?" 

"That's different, Tonks. You-" "My mom was Sirius' cousin, so I think we are family." She grabs my hands and smiles. "Remember when I first told you what your origin was?" 

"Yea, you said that all Black descendants who were blessed with the magic I have died. Everyone except me." 

I look up into her dark blue eyes. "I don't think I am blessed." I continue when she doesn't say anything. "I know, but just imagine what you can do when you can control all this magic inside of you." "I understand what I can do, I have been there." Tonks sighs for a moment. "Maybe, this would be easier for you when people you care about know what is going on. I believe you should tell Fred, Blaise or maybe Athena or Pansy. They won't judge you-" 

"But what if they use me?"

"They wouldn't. They are your friends, Fred cares about you." She starts carefully, however, I know where this is going. "You can't tell him. Please, don't tell him." After a small silence, I squeeze her hands. "Lace...-" "It is not your secret to tell.... I need to go." I state right after as I step away from her. 

"I really hope you don't tell them." 

After those words, I apparate back to the borders of Hogwarts. Dumbledore lets me in and I quickly move over the courtyard into the school. 

"Where have you been, Lacey?" 

"Not now, Blaise." I brush him off as I continue my path all the way to the Astronomy tower, where I sit down, my head in my hands. 

Screams move over the corridor when I slowly gain my consciousness. My wrist feels painful and as I get up my eyes meet those of the dead body in front of me. Did I do this? "Lacey! Run!" Odeya yells trying to get me to move. My eyes move over the ceiling and soon I realise it is starting to crumble. If I stay here, I will die. I start running as that is all I can do. Debris starts to fall down and dust spurts up in my face when I breathe in reaching my lungs. Outside the hallway, I fall on my knees, just in time because the whole corridor collapses only seconds later. "Oh Lacey, thank Merlin, you are okay!" 

For the first time in a while, tears stream over my face. The winter sun reflecting on my wet cheeks, but still warming me from the inside. I feel the armour I put over my heart, fall as more memories flush through my head. 

"The black's are a powerful family, Lacey. Tonks told me what happened during Christmas and I reviewed it with some other great witches and wizards and we all came to the conclusion that you need to learn how to get this under control." I stare at the old headmaster and after at the brown-haired woman. "Tonks will be best to teach you as she knows better than anyone what's the history with the Blacks." "Because she is a Black-" I answer quietly. "My mom was, but yes, that makes me one too." "Who are these witches and wizards? I thought you agreed not to let anyone know." Dumbledores signs that I should sit down, but I can't. "Who did you tell?" "Only Fontaine, together we decided it would be best to get you more help. In my opinion, it is outrageous that they let you walk around Ilvermorny with no training, but I didn't tell him that, of course."  A small chuckle escapes my mouth. I thought it was ridiculous too, but they never listened. 

"Hey, darling-" "Why are you here?" I say coldly and I know it is not fair, he doesn't know what I am going through right now... "I heard about... I just wanted to see if you were okay." "I don't need you. Stop trying to fix me, Fred." 

He doesn't listen and sits down anyway. "Don't push me away, I am here for you." "That's the problem, you look at me as I am some lost puppy who needs others to get back on track or fix her mess. I am not like that, but in your eyes I am." Silence. "So go away, I will tell you one last time, stop trying to fix the puppy, Fred." 

"Lace-" 

"I think she told you to go." Both of us now look up to the brown-haired boy who just arrived at the stairs. "Why don't you mind your own business, mate?" Fred snaps at the boy making him step closer. "Theo...- It is fine, really...-" "You don't look fine, Lacey." "But I am. I will be if he goes-" I state turning to Fred. "That's bullshit, I am your boyfriend. I should be here to support you!" "When you start doing that... You know, supporting me. Then you can come back." He scoffs as he stands and walks towards Mattheo, who is just casually leaning against the wall. 

"You are not making any friends, right now, Riddle." 

I chuckle when Fred disappeared out of sight. "I don't care about him, I don't want him as a friend. I want you as one." "Friends are supposed to share the deep shit, I can't do that...-" 

"Why don't you try?" 

He brushes his hand through his hair as he sits down next to me. "I can't," I feel bad for saying it, but I really can't. "That's okay, just let go of everything you want to let go." And just like that, my eyes start to pool again. Only now someone holds me, preventing I consume myself in my own pain.