²², old acquaintances

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter twenty-two;

old acquaintances 

"We are dangerous."

Lacey Ariane Black

I STARE OUT OF THE WINDOW trying to focus on the conversations of my friends. I look like I just fell off of Mattheo's lap as my legs lay on him. His arm lays on my shoulder. I can't even look at my brother. He had the worst summer ever because of me, while I was basically allowed to do what I wanted. He is talking to Draco, Pansy and Theo. The boy next to me brings his mouth closer to my ear. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yes I am fine-" I whisper as a response. His hand moves over my neck to my cheek forcing me to look at him. Every bit of skin he just touched is on fire and it confuses me. "You are not fine." "I am, I have to be, this year won't be easy. I need to get myself back together." His thumb brushes over my bottom lip. "You don't have to be, you had one hell of a summer. You are allowed to take your time." Bellatrix words find their way into my head again. They literally use him... and me. By threatening my life they get him to work for them. 

For a moment I forget we are around our friends and I can't help but lean in a bit. Apparently, he thinks the same as he pulls my face closer to his. The others are way too busy with their own conversation to miss us in the corner of the huge Slytherin coupe. 

I feel his breath on my lips, my eyes darting between his mouth and eyes. "Theo-" I murmur almost begging him to kiss me. "I know-" he replies lifting my chin a bit, making our lips meet. His tongue runs over my bottom lip making them part. Everything around me disappears as I am fully consumed by the boy. The kiss is gentle and rough at the same time, almost as we both have wanted to do this for a while, which is probably true.

After a while he moves away, but not without sucking my lip biting it casually. Both of our breathing is fast. 

My hands find his face and I bring it back to mine, to kiss him again as the coupe door opens making most of Slytherin look in that direction. "I saw that Lace," the girl chuckles while leaning against the doorway. "What are you doing here?" "Girl, you know I can't leave my lady soulmate on the other side of the world, I transferred." My mouth falls open and I turn to Mattheo before glancing at my best friend again. I hold the boy's t-shirt and stares at him through my eyelashes. "I am sorry," "Go, I can wait." 

I don't know how fast to get up and run to the girl, hugging her tightly. "He's cute," she whispers in my ear making me laugh through my tears. "Are you crying?" She pushes me away to look at me. "I am just emotional, let me be." "I missed you too, idiot." Her words make me smile again. 

Hours later Odeya is laughing with my friends and I found Mattheo again. My head leaning against the glass as I glance at the boy. "Why are you staring, love?" "We are dangerous," I mutter carefully. "What do you mean?" He asks but I know he already knows my answer. "Look at us, they blackmailed you into following them and I am going to be honest with you if they threaten you-" "You are on your knees." I nod slowly.

"Let's make a deal then," He murmurs bringing his face closer to mine. "Theo, I can't keep a promise like that." "I know me neither-" He chuckles before roughly pressing his lips against mine. One of my arms finds its way around his neck pulling him closer. A quiet moan leaves my mouth as he slips his tongue in my mouth. "You're right-" He whispers in between the sloppy kisses. "We are dangerous." "Yea, so we shouldn't-" "I know-" he breathes, he is still too close for me to focus. When he leans in again I close my eyes. "Mattheo..." "I am sorry, we shouldn't." 

We both get up and sit down next to our friends. "What are we doing?" 

Blaise looks at me for a moment, before smiling. "Good to have you back, we were just talking about this year, it will be different." "Tell me about it," I groan my eyes meeting Pansy's who just grins. Oh no. 

~

"C'mon Lacey, if you didn't want anyone to see, you shouldn't have made out with him in the middle of the coupe," Pansy states walking next to Odeya and me towards the Slytherin common room. "Kissing and making out are two different things, Pansy," I say as I roll my eyes. "The last one was making out, Lace." Odeya backs up the black-haired girl. "The last one...- Wait, it happened before?" 

"Shut it," I complain as I step inside the common room. "You two have been kissing multiple times in plain sight and I missed it?!" "Pansy, I mean it. Shut your mouth." I say and we all sit down on the sofa's, causing the guys to glare at us. After a small silence, Blaise clears his throat. "So how was your summer, Lace?" Draco, Theo, Pansy and even Odeya all stare at me. "It was okay. Fred was literally so annoying... Do you know he became official with his side whore? I mostly hung out with Charlie, which was lots of fun-" I say a small grin plays around my mouth. "I got a few tattoos over the summer, believe me, if I say that was quite painful. The death eaters contacted me again... What else?" 

"Don't forget the wedding," Mattheo states carefully, still feeling guilty about what happened. "Oh yea, Theo and I had a wedding-" Blaise and Odeya choke in their drinks. "You what?" "No, I mean that Bill Weasley married Fleur Delacour and-" "You almost died." 

"Shut up, Riddle. I told you it wasn't your fault." 

"You broke your nose and got tortured." 

"I was protecting the children. You know the ones you brought to safety." 

"I was a coward, I ran away." 

"Because I told you to!" I burst frustrated. 

"How do they go from making out to this-" Odeya whispers to Pansy. "They did what now?" Draco gulps in surprise. 

"Okay back up! You two didn't spend the summer together?" Theodore asks confused making me brush my hand through my hair. "You are so stupid, Nott. No, we didn't. We couldn't."