²⁸, worries

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter twenty-eight;

worries

"She will be fine

"She will be fine."

Lacey Ariane Black

I LOOK TERRIBLE, my eyes are red, my mascara lays partly on my cheeks. Pansy and Odeya both haven't said anything yet and I am hoping they won't. I feel like I lost the only person who sort of understood what I am going through. Theodore and Blaise sit down as well, glancing confused at the others. "How was your Christmas, Lace?"

"It was fine." 

I only say before focussing on my food again. "Are you su-" Two others sit down as well and my eyes meet his'. He looks terrible, maybe even worse than me. One of his eyes is purple and he has a wound on his cheek. I bite my lip and turn my eyes away from him. "Yes, I am sure. Charlie and I spent most of New Year's together, so yea, I had lots of fun." I explain coldly. "You're telling me that's the reason why you look like you haven't slept in days?" I know Blaise doesn't believe me. 

"Yes, that's the reason." 

"And you? What the hell happened to you?" Odeya bursts staring at the boy I accidentally confessed my love to. "Daddy Malfoy wasn't happy having me in his home while my dad was running errands." "Don't call my dad that, Mattheo!" Draco groans while covering his ears. "Potter showed up-" 

"With Hermione? How is she?" 

I ask looking up at the blonde boy. "It was terrible, I wish I didn't see it." He says clearly in pain. "The things they did to her were awful and-" he glances at Mattheo, who shakes his head. "And what?" I spat, suddenly feeling furious. 

"Lacey, it wasn't-" 

"I don't want to hear it from you, Riddle. And what, Draco?" 

The group goes silent, not knowing what's going on. "They forced him to do it too," he whispers not daring to look at the brown-haired boy, who now stares at his plate. I can't help but laugh. "Lacey what the fuck!" 

"I am sorry, it's not funny I know." I chuckle coldly, not being able to stop. Every emotion I have been suppressing flows back. I glance at the ceiling, only to find out it's a full moon tonight. That's why I can't control it as well as I usually can. "Your eyes, Lace, you need to calm down," Odeya says carefully and I know she is talking about the black glow moving over my eyes. I had this before, twice, both times at Ilvermorny. 

"I can't-" 

I whisper grasping my plate. "What do you mean, I can't?" "It's the full moon, Odeya, I can't- I need to go-" I stand feeling dizzy. "Everyone sit down! we are not done yet." Amycus Carrow says with a small grin, all of them are well aware of what's happening. I do as they say and sit down again. "Oh for the love of God-" Mattheo mumbles before pulling me onto his chest.