¹⁹, my old friend, death

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter nineteen;
my old friend, death

chapter nineteen;my old friend, death

"Avada Kadavra!"

Lacey Ariane Black

I SHRIEK AS THE COLD WATER HITS MY FACE. "I will get you back, Riddle!" I yell as I start chasing the boy through the courtyard. "I'd love to see you try, Black." "Aguamenti!" The water sprays out of my wand on his head when I come close enough. Out of nowhere, he turns around making me almost run against him. 

"That was not necessary!" "Karma is a bitch, Mattheo. You should know that by now." I state with a grin as I look up at him. Merlin, I hate being small. "I didn't do anything wrong. You said you were hot." "I didn't mean for you to pool water over my head." I chuckle as I put a lock behind my ear. "How else were you supposed to cool down?" I stare at him, speechless. 

"Let's be honest though, you are still pretty hot, but it was fun to watch your face." I roll my eyes and want to turn away from him, however, his hand finds my chin forcing me to look at him. "Just stating facts-" "That joke is old." I realise he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer. "Are you trying to kiss me or something?" He smirks, his hand leaving my chin as it brushes through his hair. "What if I was?" "I would hit you in the face," I say firmly staring into his honey eyes. "You wouldn't-" "No? Why don't you try it then?" He responds by pulling me closer, but before his lips touch mine, my hand comes in contact with his face. 

"Don't say I didn't warn-" 

I start when moving away from him, but the next thing I know one of his hands wraps around my throat pulling me in making our lips roughly meet. He bites my bottom lip a bit letting a moan escape my mouth. My hands are all over his hair as he uses his other hand to explore my body. After what seems like forever he backs away as we are both forced to breathe again. For a moment we are just staring at each other before clearing our throat. 

"Uh- Care to join me for lunch?" 

I ask confidently, not showing how my mind is all over the place. "Show me the way, love." He says and he puts his arm around me while walking back to the school. 

~

Chaos. Everything is chaos. This morning seems days away as I dodge another spell from a death eater. Somehow I got into this fight and I don't know how to get out of it. "Luna! Watch out! Stupefy!" The death eater sneaking Luna from behind smacks against the wall. 

I fire lots of spells when suddenly a spell hits me blasting me against the wall. Losing enough of my conciseness to feel dizzy and not being able to stand. Shadows hover over me, however, I can't comprehend what is happening. "Sleep tight, Black-" 

It feels like hours have gone by when someone shakes my body. I groan turning, every nerve on my chest feels like it is on fire, but I don't tell my friend that. I am covered in blood, however, most of the others have that too, so she doesn't notice how this is mine. "Are you okay?" My eyes slowly focus on the death eater sneaking up from behind. I get up almost losing my balance. 

"Avada-" "Expelliarmus!" Hermione yells before I can do something. "Lace you need to go back to the common room, now!" "I know, we are going!" I state as I grab my red-haired friend, who looks like she just got out of a fistfight. 

Together with Athena turn into another corridor hoping no one will be there, but I couldn't be more wrong. Four death eaters all stare at us, their wands pointed at us moments away from yelling spells. 

"Lacey Black, we meet again." Greyback chuckles grabbing my attention. "Crucio," Lestrange hits me with her spell and before I can comprehend it I am on the ground screaming. Feeling like my bones are on fire, pain shooting through every nerve in my body. I notice the blood on

"Greyback, Bellatrix, we need to go now! Let the scum handle this!" 

Snape appears around the corner pulling the two away from us. 

"Traitor!"

"Sectumsempra!" 

He yells back at me, the curse hits me right in my heart. "Lacey!" Athena yells focussing her attention on me, but the seconds she was distracted the death eater took the opportunity to catch her off guard. "Avada Kadavra!" 

As I am laying on the ground, fighting for my life. I see how her soul leaves her body the moment the green light hits her side. She drops on the ground, her eyes staring right at me and I can't look away. The three death eater slowly come closer to finish the job. That's when the screams leave my mouth. All the pain leaves my body through those screams, causing the three to grab their head. Blood streaming out of their eyes, before falling to the ground. Dead. 

I start to gasp for air as I lay there in a puddle of my own blood, feeling like my chest is on fire. 

"Mattheo, you need to get back to the common room, we are all on Felix Felicis so-" "I swear I heard someone screaming, Hermione. It sounded like Lacey-" 

Voices come closer and I can only hope they come in time. 

"She's in the common room, she can't be here- No!" I hear them run and suddenly their faces appear in my eyesight. "Why do you always have to get yourself in trouble, Black?!" Mattheo bursts holding my head tightly as Hermione mumbles the healing spells. 

The moment I can breathe again I crawl towards Athena pressing my body against hers. "Wake up- You can't leave me. You are one of my best friends- Wake up, please. I can't do this again...-" I cry burying my head in her shoulder. "Lacey, Lace she's gone... You need to let go of her-" Mattheo says carefully trying to pull me away. Hermione sobs when seeing her face, causing me to cry even more. 

"I can't- I can't do this again-" I gasp for air as I stare at the boy. He wraps his arms around me holding me tightly. "I can't deal with another death, Theo please," I beg him causing Hermione to look up to me with teary eyes. 

"I am here, Lace. I am here." 

"Please don't leave me too-" I gulp for a moment alarming both of my friends. "I can't breathe-" I gurgle, the taste of blood coming up my throat as I back away from the boy and vomit. When I am finished I fall to the ground grasping it like I am on an edge. Before losing my consciousness.