¹¹, winner's mentality

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter eleven;
winner's mentality 

chapter eleven;winner's mentality 

"I need you to catch me-"

Lacey Ariane Black

FORGETTING ABOUT CHRISTMAS, wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I touch the scars on my chest while sipping from my water. The others are having their own conversations, not paying attention to me. It still hurts, even though it happened weeks ago. My eyes meet those of the youngest Weasley who glances at me with a concerned expression on her face. I nod a bit showing her that I am fine. 

"You look rather odd, Lacey." The blonde-haired girl interrupts my wordless conversation with Ginny. "Why would you say that, Lovegood?" "We weren't talking to you were we?" Nikita states eyeing Blaise up and down. "I am just a bit tired-" "That's more than logical, your body is still processing everything that happened, nothing wrong with that." Silence. "Luna...-" I sigh and my hands drop off my chest. When she realises her smile disappears. 

"I am so sorry, I thought- I saw you." 

"It's okay Luna, it would have become public rather sooner than later, probably tomorrow though, due to the quidditch match." "Are you okay?" Nikita asks carefully. "It's almost fully healed, there are barely any complications although I have a feeling that I am faster than before... I guess we will see during the quidditch match." "I guess we will... Good luck tomorrow, Lace." Luna smiles before she and Nikita take off. 

"Is there anything you need to tell us?" 

Draco asks threatening. "Besides the fact that you are my cousin?" When no one says anything I glance at Blaise. "You didn't tell them?" "No, it didn't come up, besides even though we don't have the same father, nothing changed for me. You are still my sister and best friend." "Woah, woah okay back up, you two have a different father?! But you are twins!" Pansy bursts confused. 

"Apparently it is possible to get two babies with different father in a three-way." "Combined with two uteruses." Blaise finishes making me stare at him as well. "She said that to you!" "You disappeared before I even arrived home. She explained everything to me. It is really rare, but it is possible." 

"Why do you think I left, I just heard through the Daily Prophet that my dad is a dead serial killer!" Some from our house look up to our group after my outburst, making me clear my throat. "Or well I thought so, apparently he has been cleared right after his death. But that wasn't something I knew at that moment, so I left, only to walk right into a death trap." 

"Wait what?" Theo asks confused. "So, somehow I ended at the Weasleys-" Hermione opens her mouth, but I stop her. "I know... Anyways, Lestrange and Greyback targeted the Burrow and uh...-" My hand disappears in my shirt rubbing over the spot where his claws entered my body. "They were after Potter, I think. But they found someone better and... I almost died...-"

~

 The next morning I am in the great hall eating my breakfast before everyone. There aren't a lot of people but soon I recognise her hair red as fire, wearing a green scarf. "Since when are you supporting Slytherin?" I chuckle right before she arrives at my table. "Since it is pretty obvious that the Slytherin team is stronger than ever." She laughs while sitting down, earning a few disgusted looks from my fellow Slytherins. 

"Did you hear about that new guy? I heard he is starting in a few days." 

"There were some rumours, yea. I am curious to see how much of it is true." "Me too... Well, I got to go, but good luck today." "Thank you," I chuckle before she walks off. 

A few hours later I am racing through the air trying to score as much as possible while Draco keeps the game going, constantly acting like he sees the Snitch. The weather isn't great and it's really obvious that everyone struggles to keep their broom in line. 

"Pucey has the quaffle! Coldwell, Pucey, Coldwell, who throws it to Black! Can you believe it, she's the daughter of Sirius Black- " "Smith!" "Sorry professor, Black scores! 150-20 for Slytherin!" I fly back to my side when Theodore yells my name. "Lacey! Look out!" The bludger hits me on my side swooping me off my broom. 

As my back hits the ground all the sounds blur for a moment. I glance to the side only to see how my broom crashes the ground as well. Luckily I wasn't flying so high. "Ouch, that must hurt. Black is out. Coldwell takes the quaffle, Pucey, Coldwell, Pucey...- Coldwell scores!" 

I turn to my side and get on my knees coughing loudly as I try to get the oxygen to reach my lungs again. I move my hand over my chest only to see blood on my fingers. Oh, merlin. 

I feel dizzy as I crawl to my broom again. "Lacey duck!" I quickly lay down again and just one time because Draco and Change fly over. After I get on my broom again and rise in the air. 

"Lace are you sure-?" 

"Are you bleeding?" 

Both Adrian and Athena ask concerned throwing the quaffle constantly at each other dodging the Ravenclaw players. "Pass the quaffle, technique 10, okay?" "Okay, Luce." He makes his way to the rings and I do the same only three feet higher. Right in front of the rings, he drops the ball only for Theo to smack it with his bat in my direction, catching the players from Ravenclaw off guard, which gives me an opportunity to throw the quaffle through one of the rings yet again. "Black is back in the air and scores!" Theo appears in front of me. "I need you to catch me-" "Wait, why?" He says confused. "Because I am going to pass out-" I barely finished my sentence when I lose my consciousness.