⁰⁴, a happy coincident

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter four;
a happy coincident 

"I believe I did win in some way

"I believe I did win in some way." 

Lacey Ariane Zabini

THE FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH OF THE YEAR and everyone except the team is still debating who would be the Slytherin captain this season. I made everyone promise not to tell their friends because otherwise, we lost the element of the surprise. We have been training at impossible hours and now this morning, everyone finally finds out that I, Lacey Zabini, got the quidditch captain title. 

My brown locks lay on my shoulders as I step inside the great hall with my captain's uniform. Forcing every eye of every student to me. A grin wanders around my lips as I make my way to the Slytherin table. 

I wink towards the red-haired friend of Potter who looks like he is about the faint. 

I sit down next to my friends who all glance at me in surprise. "You are the captain! How- how-" Blaise now stares at his blonde and brown-haired best friends. "You both didn't tell me, my own sister is our captain!" "Because we weren't allowed to-" Theo starts with a smile. 

"We are playing against Gryffindor, a team that only lost once because Potter made a free fall of 150 feet. If they would've known I was the captain, they would have sent people to look at our strategy. Now we have been training for weeks and nobody knew." I explain while brushing my hand through my hair. 

"How?" "She made us train at timings such as 4 am or 1 am. She has been killing us these past weeks." I recognise his voice immediately, Adrian Pucey. "Stop whining, you know as well as I do that we are stronger than ever," I say as I turn to my fellow Chaser. "She is right, Pucey. We have never been so well prepared. Not even when Flint was our captain." Athena adds, her red hair is bound in braids and it looks absolutely beautiful.  

"Fair enough-" he mumbles making me chuckle. "Anyways, we should get going. A team meeting is waiting for us." I say as I finish my pumpkin juice with a smirk. 

"Lena, Pucey, Malfoy, Crabbe and... Nott-" I lick my lips for a moment. "-let's go." Blaise's mouth falls open when realising what I just did. As we walk away I hear him mumble. 

"You heard that too, right Pansy?" 

Pansy only responds with a laugh, knowing exactly what he's talking about. 

Moments later I am standing just outside the changing rooms with the rest of the team. "Listen, I know this game will be a hard one, but as long as we stay focussed it should be fine. Besides, even if we don't win this one we can still get the cup. Also-"

"I heard something about Zabini being captain of the Slytherin team, I didn't know that idiot could play," I turn my gaze away from my team and stare at the group standing only a few feet further. A red-haired boy talks to Potter, Granger and the two Weasleys, he seems a bit too old to be here. "It is not exactly what you think, Fred-" Hermione starts carefully. 

"Call my brother an idiot again and I will curse your arse out of the castle," I say while moving my wand around in my hand. "A girl?" My eyes wander over the features of the boy and a grin plays around my lips. "A Weasley, why am I not surprised?" The boy licks his lips as he exchanges a glance with a boy identical to him.

"How so, darling?" He flirts eyeing me up and down. 

"Walk away, love... While you still can-" I say noticing how his gaze stays at my chest for a bit too long, making my smile into a grin. He doesn't respond and only stares into my eyes. 

Without breaking contact I clear my throat. "We should go to the field, guys and let's destroy them." The rest starts moving, however, I still don't move. "Fred-" "Lacey?" His brother and Athena say at the same time. "Lacey huh? You're a real bitch, you know that?" 

He says one thing but we both know he means something else. "Yea, I heard that before, Fred-" Somehow we both moved closer and I need to look up to him to see his face clearly. "Now, if you don't mind, I have a game to win-" I whisper before walking away, leaving the red-haired boy speechless. 

~

"Crabbe!" I yell flying towards him. Weasley is playing way too good, we didn't expect that. He looks up to me and I sign him to throw his bat. "Catch!" He shouts while launching the bat in my direction. 

I catch it just in time and in one movement I smack the bludger Robins' direction. It hits her in the stomach, making her slide off her broomstick. 

"OH NO! ROBINS IS OUT! ZABINI IS PLAYING DIRTY!" The boy at the microphone yells making me laugh. As I move past Crabbe I give him back his equipment, before diving down to catch the quaffle Athena dropped, on purpose, a few feet above me. 

I race towards rings, act like I will throw to the right one, only to pitch it towards the left one. 

"ZABINI SCORES! 10 POINTS FOR SLYTHERIN. CURRENTLY, SLYTHERIN IS ON TOP WITH 40-30 POINTS!" 

As I move past the bleachers my eyes cross with the Weasley boy and I can't help but wink at him. 

"I don't flirt with every guy I see-" Athena laughs as she starts to fly next to me. "Oh shut it-" I chuckle before continuing with the game. 

"HARRY POTTER HAS THE SNITCH! I REPEAT HARRY POTTER HAS THE SNITCH!" I sigh and get back down. 

My eyes find my teammates who all stare at me. "Listen, we did great! Malfoy you did great so stop staring at me like this is all your fault!" I snap at the blonde boy, but I can't hide my smile. "I do know that Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw aren't as strong as Gryffindor so we need to win those with lots of points. That means that there is something you can do, Draco. Next games, make sure you don't catch the snitch before we have more than 130 points... Now let's go have a shower. Good job." 

They all walk away leaving me alone on the field. 

"I thought you said you would win." A deep voice behind me says and I immediately turn around on my heels. "I believe I did win in some way." "Did you now?" His hand touches my cheek as he brushes away a lock of my hair. "Yea,-" I glance up at his face while biting my lip. 

"I guess I can't expect you at the party, right?" "You mean the one the Gryffindors will be throwing?" He nods with a grin. 

I bring my face closer to his' and I know he is waiting to find you what my goal is. "I never miss a party-" The words move through the air, a low whispering, coming out of my mouth. 

"I will see you there, Weasley-"