²⁶, special afternoon

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter twenty-six;

special afternoon

"Still so feisty, after hours of torture

"Still so feisty, after hours of torture."

Lacey Ariane Black

I WRITE DOWN THE NOTES FOR CHARMS, as Flitwick continues to explain the homework. When I am done I lay on the table and listen to the professor. "I am just saying, Vic, I wouldn't be able to look at them normally." Alya debates with her friend, causing me to look at the girls. "What are we talking about?" "Vicky hooked up with her best friend and doesn't know how to act," Alya explains with a small grin.

"You should act normal, it's not like everything has changed." 

I say with a smile as I glance at the girl. "But I saw him naked." "Yes, and I saw Theo Riddle naked and we didn't change the way we act around each other, right?" "I don't know how you do that, though." A chuckle rolls over my lips. "Mattheo and I established that we can't happen. That's how we do it." 

"Didn't you two decide that before you hooked up?" Vicky chuckles exposing me. "We- we did, but we still won't happen... Also, this isn't about me, this is about, Vic. She-" Suddenly I realise how quiet it is. "Why is no one talking?" I look up to the teacher who is holding a small letter. 

"Lacey Black?" He asks me concerned. "Yes, sir?" "Your present is requested at the headmaster's office." Chills walk over my back as he says those words. "Now?" "Yes, now." "Okay, then," I whisper as I get my stuff. 

Not much later I knock on the door of Snape's office. "Come in, miss Black." I step inside and realise Snape isn't the only one in the room. Fear meets my body when I recognise the man in the toga. 

"Lacey Black, we meet at last." His voice is low and calm. I feel like I lost my tongue, every bit of confidence I had, disappeared. "I believe we have a problem here. See, I would like to be the most powerful wizard, ruling over a world of purebloods, however, as long as you are not by my side, that's not an option for me." 

"Forget it, I am not doing it, I am not joining you." 

"I didn't expect you to, right away." He chuckles and I have a feeling he has me exactly where he wants me. "But Bella suggested we should spend some time together-" "You-" "and don't try anything, I have multiple people who are on stand by to kill your parents and brother when they get the signal." There is nothing I can do, even though I don't know if he is serious, I can't take the risk. When I don't say anything he laughs coldly. 

"That's what I thought. We should start." 

"I am not talking to you about anything, I-" the spell hits me causing me to fall on the ground and scream. It stops pretty quickly. He kneels down next to me with a grin. "We can do this the easy or the hard way, your choice." "Walk to hell-" I groan, holding in my pain. "Whatever you want, Lacey." 

Hours later I am still screaming, one of his hands holding my arm tightly as he uses the other one to carve words on my right arm. My left arm is bleeding firmly and the word monster is clearly visible. Ironic coming from him. "Stop it! Stop!" I screech tears falling on my cheeks. I have bruises everywhere from all the torture and my nose is bleeding. 

"You should feel honoured, Lacey. Bellatrix could've done this for me, but here I am doing it myself." He chuckles as carving the last letter in my arm. "Now-" he laughs trailing the wound with his finger. "Did you change your mind already?" "Never," I pant feeling exhausted. "Still? Wow, you are stronger than I thought. Crucio!" 

I scream loudly as every bone and nerve in my body feels on fire again. I vaguely notice how the door opens, but I am too busy with my own pain. 

"That's enough!" 

The pain disappears and the shadow hovering above me focuses on the person in the doorway. "Severus, you can't give me orders." "The other teachers picked up on her absence. We can't keep her any longer, we will finish it later on." "Your lucky, little girl." He laughs brushing some of my hair away. I turn away in disgust not wanting him to touch me again. "Still so feisty, after hours of torture." 

"Get out!" 

Snape bursts causing me to slowly get up, feeling weak because of the blood loss. "Poppy! Help her out!" Madame Pomfrey walks inside. When her eyes meet mine she gasps, her eyes move up and see him. "Now, Poppy," Voldemort states annoyed. She quickly does what they asked. 

As we walk downstairs I collapse, leaving blood trails against the wall. "I can't- I am so tired." "Hold on a little longer, Lacey," she whispers helping me back up. 

We arrive at the corridor where McGonagall, Flitwick, Sprout and Slughorn are waiting. "Oh Merlin, Lacey, come here!" McGonagall says holding out her hand, I fall in her arms, not being able to hold the tears back. She closes her arms around me and holds me tightly as I cry, not caring about the blood staining her clothes. 

"Can you tell us what happened?" "He-he's here," I gasp for air feeling overwhelmed and hurt. "They- they tortured me for hours... I don't want to anymore... Professor, I want to be normal." "It sucks, Lacey, we will figure it out." She whispers while holding me. 

After a while, I got myself back together and they cleaned me up. "I can heal this for you-" "I don't want you to," I whisper glancing at both of my arms. The words monster and killer will be there for the rest of my life. "I want to go to my friends." "I will make sure of that, darling." 

~

I barely have the energy to walk normally and when I sit down on the table of Slytherin I get confused looks from my friends. 

"Lace?"

 Blaise lays his hand on my arm causing me to flinch. "Don't touch me," I snap at him, feeling too tired to even try to be polite. "Where have you been, Lace? You missed the entire afternoon." Odeya glances at me, asking the question carefully. "My present was requested at the headmaster office." "What do you mean?" Luna questions, exchanging a look with the others. 

"Oh I would almost forget, Mattheo, your dad wanted me to tell you that he said hi," I whisper weakly, trying not to groan. It takes them seconds to connect the dots. "No...-" His hand finds my arm carefully rolling up my sleeve. "Fuck!" He bursts grabbing his glass and throwing it against the wall behind Blaise and Pansy. Everyone goes silent, turning their eyes to our group. Mattheo's eyes are only focused on my arm with the word killer. I lean my head against his shoulder. "Please don't say anything, I am begging you, don't say anything," I whisper in pain. He turns his body and wraps his arms around me. One hand in my neck, resting his head on mine. 

"I am here, love. I am here."