²¹, the bride's choices

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter twenty-one;
the bride's choices

chapter twenty-one;the bride's choices

"Thank you, for being 'ere, Lacey."

Lacey Ariane Black

THE RED DRESS LAYS TIGHTLY ON MY BODY as I focus on myself in the mirror. My brown hair is curled and my make-up is gorgeous. I should thank Fleur's mom for that. "You look great, Lace." I glance at the boy in the mirror with a smile. "Thank you, Theo. For the first time in months, I feel great." He leans with his head on my shoulder while looking at me through the mirror. "I shouldn't be here, you know why-" 

"I am sorry-" "Why choose a side, why can't you be your own man?" "Lace, I-" he begs me, but I can't feel sorry for him "What? Are you telling me I sneaked out of a safe house so you could tell me you are one of them?!" Silence. "You have it right? You need to show me!" "Lacey..-" "Show it!" I say aggressively as I grab his wrist. "Calm down, you need to calm down." "How can I calm down, huh?! I thought we were in this together! But no, you have one summer with those morons and decide to join them?!" I roughly push him away feeling betrayed. "God, I can't even look at you!" "You are not allowed to talk, you are the one who has been spending the entire summer with the Order! You're telling me you didn't choose a side!" "I didn't!" I burst braiding my hands in my hair feeling frustrated. "Well, neither did I-" "We all clearly see the dark mark, Riddle so don't lie to me!" "Because they fucking threatened to kill you!" Mattheo shouts angrily. "They told me that they would kill you if I didn't join them... What was I supposed to do?! Letting you die?!" "YES!" 

"I don't want to think about it. We should go." I say as I turn around and together we walk out of the room. 

Hours later everyone is dancing around. I lean against the boy's shoulder, his hands wrapped around me as we slowly move around. "What is on your mind, Theo?" "Nothing, nothing is going on." He says quickly making me look up to him. "That was not what I asked, what is going to happen?" He keeps his mouth shut as a couple moves past us. 

"Thank you, for being 'ere, Lacey." 

Fleur chuckles eyeing the boy I am holding so close. "I am happy I could, Fleur. Thank you." She kisses my cheek before focussing on her husband again. "Enjoy your night, guys," Bill smirks as he leads his wife away. "What was that?" 

"That's not important, right now, you need to tell me what is going to-" 

I can't finish my sentence because a blue ball falls into the tent. "The Ministery has fallen, the minister for Magic is death. They are coming. They are coming." Kingsley sounds out of breath. "Theo...-" "I am sorry," "Get the fuck out of here, they can't see you here!" An explosion separates us and as our eyes meet I can see the doubt. "Go!" I yell from the ground before coughing as I breathe in the dust.