²⁰, hospital beds

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter twenty;
hospital beds

chapter twenty;hospital beds

"He is a death eater, Lacey."

Lacey Ariane Black

THE DARKNESS GIVES ME TIME TO THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED. Pain courses through my body and I can't do anything to stop it. I can't help but let a tear roll over my cheeks. The voices stop talking, a warm hand on my face. "Do you think she is awake?" "No, she would open her eyes, right?" Two different people are talking and I know exactly who they are. "Leave the girl be, guys. She has a lot to process." I recognise Mrs Weasley's voice. "Don't act like you know what my daughter wants." "I think I know what your daughter wants, I actually was there." "She almost died on your watch-" My mom yells. "Yea and I hate myself for that, but she would've never been there if you didn't give her a reason to run away from home!" 

Breathing on my face. "I know you are awake, Lace," Mattheo mutters in my ear. "I am not," I breathe, making sure he is the only one who can hear it. His arms wrap around me pulling me into a hug. I hold him tightly, sobs leaving my mouth, causing the bickering to stop. "I killed again, Theo. How can I live with myself?" "Don't think about that, love. Please stay calm." I pant for a moment and break out of our hug to look at my body. "I feel like I can't breathe, what's going on?" 

My eyes find those of Madame Pomfrey who looks concerned. "The scars you had on your chest, I need you to tell me where they were coming from." "Greyback gave them to me, but I-" I gasp arching my back falling back on the bed as the memories flow through my head. 

"Sleep tight, Black." The man in front of me chuckles. "Let's see if you survive the second time as well-" the wolf next to him steps forward, showing his teeth, saliva dripping on the ground. Tears stream over my face. "Don't-" I gulp when feeling his claws in the old scars. Screams leave my mouth but everyone is too focused on their own life to notice how mine is about to end. "Enjoy the rollercoaster that comes with these marks." My eyes roll back. "You really are something different Lacey Black." He whispers in my ear, his hand running over my cheeks, diving his fingers in the wound one last time before walking away. 

"Lacey!" "Let her be, woman! Can't you see that she's going through something?" The boy snaps at my mother. "Listen to me closely, young man-" "Can't you see what you are doing, ever since you've arrived you have been picking fights with everyone, while I am holding her hand. This is supposed to be your job!" 

"I don't get what the Riddle boy is still doing here anyway." 

"Get out," I state without emotion glancing at the man who raised me and my mom. "You heard her boy, get out," he says angrily. "I wasn't talking about him." "He is a Riddle, Lacey! Please think again." "And I am the Black girl who just killed three death eaters without blinking her eyes. I am not saying this again. Get out." 

~

I knock on the door of the burrow, it literally hasn't changed a thing. "Who is there?" "Lacey Black-" The door swings open revealing a red-haired man, wearing a blue blouse halfway unbuttoned showing his tattoo on his chest. "Charlie Weasley-" He holds out his hand while eyeing me up and down. "Merlin, Charlie! You need to ask her the question first! What if she's a spy." Molly appears in the doorway. "Where did we meet?" "Leaky Cauldron, I crumbled myself when running away from home as I just found out the truth about my father." 

"Come in darling, I will make tea," she disappears into the kitchen. "That's quite the tattoo," I smile nodding my head towards his body. "Yea, I work with dragons and it seems right, do you like it?" "I really do, I wanted to get a tattoo this summer, but that won't work now." 

Voices come downstairs and soon I recognise the boy who broke me earlier this year together with his side whore. "I actually have a friend, who has a tattoo store, I could ask him if he wants to make time for tomorrow?" "Are you serious?" I ask with a smile. "Yes, as long as I can watch and choose one for you." I bite my lip for a moment glancing at the red-haired boy in front of me. "Deal," 

"Such a whore-" the girl mumbles loud enough for me and Charlie to hear it. "What did you just call her, Angelina?" Charlie bursts angrily. "Let her be, Charlie. She is just an insecure little bitch who can't handle that her hook-up has to spent the summer with his ex." 

"Boyfriend. He is my boyfriend."

"Well good for you." I grin brushing my hand through my hair. "Are you jealous?" She chuckles, "Whoaaa, I know you have fantasies but keep them to yourself, love." My words make Charlie snort.

"The tea is ready-" "Yes it is-" I mumble quietly, making Charlie chuckle.  "Oh, Angelina are you already going? Don't you want to stay for tea?" Molly says completely misreading the situation. 

Not much later we are all around the table, sipping our tea in silence, which is killing me. Greyback did a real number on me, the second time and I am still adjusting to the situation. Normally I don't feel anything but it is a full moon tonight, the first one after it happened, so everything is heightened.

"Molly, am I allowed to leave the house this summer?" 

I blurt not being able to handle the silence any longer. "For what to see your little boyfriend?" Fred says before his mother can respond. "I did not have sex with Mattheo, Fred." "He is a death eater, Lacey." "He is not a death eater, mind your own business." He scoffs, "don't tell me you were stupid enough to tell him about you." 

When I don't say anything, his eyes grow wide. "You did tell him-" "He-" "No, no let me guess, he knew already and you are still hanging out with him." "You sound jealous, Weasley. Jealous because he knew and I never told you." The rest doesn't dare to say anything. 

"Oh fuck you, watch your mouth, you are in my house." "Do you know why?" "Huh?" He says confused not expecting that answer. "The first day of summer was a week ago and not even 24 hours after I came home, I woke up to three death eaters holding knives against my family's throats, trying to make me come with them." 

No one says anything so I continue. "They wanted it to become messy, they forced me to kill yet again, to protect my family. One was down and the others flee the house. My family immediately went into hiding, leaving me on my own until Tonks was kind enough to ask Molly if I could stay here. So I am so sorry that I am invading your privacy, but I have nowhere else to go, so maybe you should shut your fucking mouth." I stand and force a smile on my face. 

"That was lovely, Molly. If you will excuse me, I need to have some air."