¹⁶, sneaking away

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter sixteen;
sneaking away

chapter sixteen;sneaking away

"-Do you know?"

Lacey Ariane Black

"DON'T FORGET TO HAND IN A PARCHMENT ROLE WHERE YOU EXPLAIN THE DANGERS OF AMORTENTIA," Slughorn states causing me to exchange a glance with Nikita. "Professor? When are we going to work with Amortentia?" The question leaves my mouth and immediately everyone stares at me. "Do you want to seduce someone, Black?" Zacharias Smith says with a small grin before giving his friend a high five. "I don't need a potion for that, Smith. Don't forget who you are talking to, so watch your mouth." 

I eye him up and down before turning back to professor Slughorn. "I am just curious, they say it smells like the things you like most." "Are you trying to find your soulmate? How sweet?" Terry Boot says now and I slowly look at the boys again. "I don't care about a soulmate, unlike you." I move closer to Nikita. "The boys need to stop thinking with their dicks and start using their brains, aren't they Ravenclaws?" I whisper it loud enough for them to hear it and directly blood flushes up their cheeks.

"During the seventh year, I will bring an example as we don't have time for that this year."  Slughorn quickly says, preventing that the boys can respond to my comment. "Now, we can continue with the potion we were working on earlier this wee-" 

The door opens and the brown-haired boy I call my friend leans against the doorway. "Mister Riddle, what are you doing here?" Some gasp when hearing his name as they still don't understand why Dumbledore allowed him to go to this school. 

"I am here for, miss Black-" When saying my name he winks at me. "Dumbledore said it was important." "He's good," Nikita murmurs making me chuckle. "I know." 

"Very well then, miss Black, you are excused." "Thank you, professor," I say with a smile as I stand and grab my stuff. I salute the Ravenclaw boys before taking the leather jacket Mattheo holds in his hand. "Let's go-" with one of his hands on my back he escorts me outside. 

"So what's the plan?" 

I state while I change my clothes with a sweep of my wand. "I was thinking London, maybe the Diagon Ally. I need to get some new clothes and-" "Sounds good," I interrupt him with a grin. "Let's do it." 

~

With closed eyes, I enjoy the sun on the terras of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. It is still a bit chilly outside, however, the spring temperatures are pretty good already. I lick my ice cream before looking at the boy in front of me. 

"We should do this more often, it is way more fun than following classes." 

"Absolutely-" He chuckles as he takes a look at the suit he bought. "Why the suit though?" "It is something with my dad, he thinks I am on his side, but well-" "You are on your own side," I state and I brush m hand through my hair. After a small silence, I glance up at the boy again. 

"Did you know about me? Before you got to know me? Do you know?" 

I have wanted to ask this question for a while now and I don't know how I will respond when I know his answer. "He told me there was a witch they were after, a long lost Black descendant. I didn't know it was you and that isn't the reason I befriended you." "I-" 

"Lacey? What are you doing here?" 

I stare at the boy who said my name. Soon recognising the woman next to him. "Mrs Weasley, George, hi," I say awkwardly not knowing what else to do as I am sitting here with the boy who knocked their brother or son to the ground. "Darling, I have been trying to reach you. Bill, one of my older sons will get married this summer and I have an invitation for you, here!" She hands me a beautiful letter with my name and letters on it. 

To Lacey A. Black

"Mrs- Molly are you sure? I am not even together with Fred anymore and-" "Nonsense, my son is an idiot! You are more than welcome to join us this summer. When you are not feeling okay at home and-" 

"C'mon mom, you are scaring her." George chuckles while eyeing Theo. "It is fine, George. No, I will come and thank you for inviting me, knowing the situation with well- You-know-who I will probably accept it." Mattheo glances at the table. "It won't be any different-" "But it will, I cannot stay with my family this summer if I want them to live." I interrupt George before he can continue. 

"I will be there." 

"Thank you, dear... and don't forget to bring a plus one." She winks before looking at her watch. "Oh merlin, it is pretty late already! We need to go. It was nice to see you again, Lacey." Molly smiles one last time before disappearing with her son. 

"You can't stay at home?" 

"I believe you already know why, didn't your dad already tell you about a certain witch," I say as I get ready to go. "No, wait, Lace. Don't go," He whispers as he gets closer to me. "He doesn't know, he doesn't know I am hanging out with you, I promise." I turn my head away but he forces me to look at him, one of his laying on my face. "They don't know, I won't tell them. I can't." "Why not?" 

"Because you are the first good thing that ever happened to me-" 

He brushes his hand through his hair as he sits down again. "After my mom died while giving birth to me, I automatically got raised by him. When he disappeared I was only 1 year old. I got send to an orphanage. At age eleven, I started my first years at Durmstrang. Till two years ago, when I ended at Hogwarts because of the Triwizard Tournament. When I came home again he was waiting for me. Making my life only worse...-" 

"Theo... I am sorry-" "It's fine if I were you I would've doubted as well." I wrap my arms around him, causing him to freeze. "What are you doing?" 

"Just put your fucking arms around me, asshole." 

I state annoyed and he quickly does as I say. For a moment we are just sitting there, hugging. "Thank you, Lace." He mumbles in my ear. "Don't worry about it," is my only response while holding him close.