¹⁷, interlude

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter seventeen;
interlude

"-you played a dangerous game there, young lady

"-you played a dangerous game there, young lady."

Lacey Ariane Black

IT'S BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE I SAW MRS WEASLEY AT THE DIAGON ALLEY, although it feels like weeks. Ever since the "fight" between Mattheo and Fred people have been speculating about the relationship Fred and I had. Everyone is constantly gossiping and it drives me crazy. 

In 30 minutes we will play the last quidditch game we will play this year against Hufflepuff and I am explaining all our techniques once again. We will easily win against Hufflepuff but it is all about getting as many points as possible. 

"Excuse me? They expect you on the field." 

Some first-year student announces. "We will be there in a second." The boy disappears and I stare at the team one last time. "We can do this. Just follow the plan. Now let's go to the field." 

About an hour later we are all in the air enjoying our last game. "The quaffle goes to Black, Pucey, Nott and...- Coldwell scores! 30-0 for Slytherin!" Smith is doing the commentary yet again and he's extremely annoying. I catch the quaffle again and zigzag through the players of Hufflepuff before throwing it through one of the rings. "Black scores! Did you all hear how she cheated on one of the best Beaters Gryffindor ever had? We all knew she was crazy, but a cheater-" 

The oxygen gets stuck in my throat when hearing his voice and I grab my broom with two hands trying to find my balance again. "SMITH! Focus on the game!" "Just stating facts professor-" I am furious and I feel like a red daze moves over my eyesight. "Oops, looks like I threw her off her game, sorry Black." His apology couldn't have sounded more fake.

I am just holding on to my broom trying to keep control. Normally I don't care about the rumours, but this hurts as it happened to me before Fred and I swore I would never cheat on someone as I know how painful it is. The whole game disappears and for a moment it is just me and the dying grass on the ground. I use everything Tonks is learning me, to take back control. 

In the background, I vaguely hear the whole school except Slytherin cheer as Hufflepuff scores. Voices around me but I still can't focus. "Oh no, Black lost her vibe and-" "Smith! The game!" "But it is the game, professor." People are around me, trying to talk me out of it, but I can't remember their words.

"LACEY! SNAP OUT OF IT!" His voice is clear as he uses the spell to make him louder. My eyes find his' and the next thing I know a grin plays around my mouth. "Everyone back in position! And Theodore, do me a favour and smash a bludger towards the commentator tower. Crabbe, give me your bat. In the meantime, Adrian, Athena make me proud." I disappear from the field as Theo does what I say. Everyone in the tower screams and Dumbledore gets ready to stop the bludger. 

Right before it hits Smith's face I smash it away, dropping the bat so Crabbe can continue before turning to the boy. "Keep an attitude like that and with the next bludger I won't be on time." "You are bluffing." He says quietly but you still hear it over the whole field. "You think? Continue spreading shit about me and you will find out." I eye him up and down before focussing on the game again. McGonagall grabs the microphone quickly. "Detention for you miss Black!" As a response, I salute her while catching the quaffle. 

~

"You almost killed me! You are fucking crazy." Smith states angrily as we are all on the ground again. "Lacey, can I talk to you?" "Not now Draco," "but it is important-" "It can wait." I brush him off before walking towards Smith who flinches a bit. "Oh, are you scared? Because that was the point." I step closer to him. "I feel like, sometimes you forget who you are dealing with. You can tease me, try to fight me, but never ever spread false rumour about me again, or else..." 

"They are not false-" 

I scoff and look at Ronald Weasley, who joined us. "Not that it is any of you guys business. But Weaselbee and I didn't become official till Christmas, I slept with Theo in November. So unless Christmas suddenly takes place in October, you are all terribly wrong. Now if you will excuse me-" I chuckle coldly. "Of course you will because now you know the consequences of having an attitude like this-" 

"Miss Black!" 

"Yes professor," I smile while turning to the Transfiguration teacher. "That was unacceptable, you played a dangerous game there, young lady." "Yea, well I never play it save. However, we will talk later...- I will come to your office, don't worry. But I think I am going to shower now... or is there someone who wants to join? No? Too bad." I state with a smirk, my eyes finding Mattheo behind the angry professor. I wink at him before walking off. 

I step out of the changing rooms and my friends are already waiting for me. 

"I thought for a moment we lost you during the game." 

Pansy chuckles, exchanging a glance with Blaise. "Oh, but you did...- Wait, Draco what are you doing?" The blonde-haired boy grabs my arm and pulls me away from the group. "Draco, asshole! I was talking to her!" Pansy yells however he doesn't stop. 

"Draco, I-" 

"I messed up." 

"Everyone messes up sometimes-" "No, this is different. My dad forced me into it and now I am so deep in that I don't know what to do. I don't want to die...-" Everything clicks together really fast and when my eyes meet his grey ones I see the tears. 

"You-" 

I mutter as I take a step back. "Why are you telling me this?" 

"I had to, you are the only one in my family who isn't choosing a side. You're the only one I can trust." He sounds desperate and I feel so bad for him. "Tell me everything...-"