⁰², general bummers

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞

chapter two;
general bummers

"-I can finish you socially without using words

"-I can finish you socially without using words."

Lacey Ariane Zabini

"A LETTER FOR YOU MISS ZABINI." A second-year student pats my shoulder before putting the letter in front of me. "Secret admirer already?" "Shut up, Blaise," I state before opening the note. Tonight first day of detention, Filch's office at 7 pm. Next time don't get caught! 

"What is it for?" Athena asks with a small smile already having a feeling about this. "Detention," I mutter trying not to look at my brother. "You already have detention?! It is your first day!" "I am aware of that, Blaise, thank you." I wave my wand and the letter goes up in flames. 

"What classes do you have today?" 

I glance at my schedule for a moment. "I have Potions, DADA, Care for Magical creatures, Study of Ancient Runes and Divination." Everyone stares at me without saying anything. "What?" "Why do you have so much? I only have DADA, Care for Magical Creatures and Divination." Draco explains carefully. "Oh, I chose a lot of extra subjects so I guess I am in a different Potions class. We probably have everything else together." "Who do you have Potions with?" "Ravenclaw, so that should be fine." I finish my breakfast muffin and get up, "I think I am going back to the common room to get my stuff, I forgot them this morning." 

"I also have Potions so I will meet you in the classroom," Athena says with a small smile as sipping her pumpkin juice. "Sounds good!" I state before walking away. 

It is silent in the corridors. Everyone is still in the great hall having breakfast, but not me. I didn't forget my stuff I didn't bring them on purpose. Sometimes I need some time for myself, without anyone around me. 

"Zabini, isn't it?" I look up to a girl who stares at me with her electric blue eyes as she walks next to me. "Yea, it is. How do you know?" "News travels fast here. Everyone knows." When listening to her voice it feels like I am floating on air, so soft and calm. "I could've predicted that-" I chuckle as I brush my hand through my hair. 

"I am Luna Lovegood, Ravenclaw. You are a Slytherin right?" I nod with a smile. "Yea, although the Sorting hat also said it could've been Ravenclaw." "That's nice, you seem nice." Her words echo through the corridor for a while. "You too-" "I need to go now, I just wanted to say hi, but they expect me in Divination soon, maybe you could join me for lunch?" "Yes, that sounds good." 

"Great, I will see you with lunch then!" 

After we both go our own directions, in my case, into the common room. As I grasped all of my stuff I quickly go to the Potions classroom. The conversation with Luna made sure I am late. 

"Miss Zabini, you are late!" Slughorn says and I can only nod. "I am sorry, professor. It won't happen again." I say with my sweetest smile. He breathes for a moment and after points to a seat close to where I am standing. 

"Sit down next to miss Bailey, please." 

I do as he says and grab my potions book before glancing at the girl. "I am Lacey Zabini, you probably already heard but I am new." I chuckle making her grin as well. "Yea, I did news-" "-travels fast here." I finish while trying to listen to professor Slughorn. "Well I am Nikita Bailey, but please call me Nick." "Sure thing, Nick." We both laugh and that's enough for Slughorn to give us a look. 

"I kindly ask you two to start working on your potion-" "The Draught of the Living dead, I know." I did this potion at Ilvermorny so it should be fine. "Okay then-" "Sir, is there anything we can win?" "He would never-" Nikita states making sure he can hear her. "Yes. Yes, the one who makes the potion best will get-" He quickly makes a small glass bottle appear in his hands and I immediately know what it is.

"Felix Felicis-" 

The words leave my mouth before I can think twice. "Really good, miss Zabini, 10 points for Slytherin." 

"I am going to win this-" Some guy from Ravenclaw replies with confidence. "Besides not that there is any Slytherin who would be better in Potions than me." "That's where you are wrong," I say as I only watch my cauldron. "What?" 

"You think that you are so much more intelligent than everyone else, but right now you are competing against a Horned Serpent and do you know what houses in Hogwarts are the same as that? Slytherin and Ravenclaw." I still only focus on the things I need to do and soon I find out that the instructions in the book are wrong. "But now you are a Slytherin so guess you are not as clever as you thought." 

"That's where you are wrong again, love. Slytherin and Ravenclaw are different because of a few things you guys want to share knowledge and can be blunt doing that. We know what we are saying meaning we can destroy you by words. Yes, you are smart but at least half of you are followers, where students from Slytherin all have a leader inside of them. And last but not least, you are here to live and let others live while I can finish you socially without using words. Passive-aggressive. This all shows that I have more than enough reason to beat your arse." 

"Oh, I love a little friendly competition." Slughorn chuckles from behind his bureau when realising the boy is done speaking to me. "Yea, me too-" I state to Nikita ere starting on my potion. 

~

Turns out I have a lot of classes with Nikita because she too has more subjects than others. We both walk to the Ravenclaw table and sit down next to Luna. "Oh, I see you met Nick-" "Yea we follow a lot of classes together," Nikita explains with a smile as she pours herself some pumpkin juice. 

"I heard some guys talking about a girl snatching Felix Felicis under their noses." Luna starts and I hold the bottle in front of her. "Yea, I clearly won. You should've seen that guy's face. It was so funny." The girls laugh. The rest of the time we share the things we experienced this morning and for the first time in a while, I don't miss Ilvermorny.