Diavolo- Flowers

Requested by liquid_beepers223 please don't cry.

Both you and Diavolo were spamming his sticker in the chat between you two. The 'Hey, Listen!'s could be heard all around the room, and you were sure by now that you and Diavolo had sent each other this sticker at least a thousand times.

Your fingers were screaming in pain and overuse, but you kept on telling them to spam the sticker, just because you were so amused by it. You felt like you were going to get carpal tunnel from this.

Eventually, Diavolo sends you an actual text.

No Lord Up Here Other Than ME: I think that's enough for now.

                                                                                                            (Y/N): Probably.

You turn off your D.D.D and stretch out on your bed. You were thinking about Diavolo. His puppy-like nature, that bright smile, it always brought a smile to your face just to know that he was enjoying his time with you.

But it couldn't last forever. 

You felt a horrible pain in your lungs again, and coughed, blood and petals shooting from your mouth onto your hand. You knew you wouldn't have much time left until those petals became whole, and you would eventually die, a garden having grown inside of you.

The brothers knew, but they kept it a secret, letting you do work from RAD at home. Diavolo would constantly try to make you happy, but every time you laughed, there was a cough right after, signalling just how close to death you were.

You knew surgery was an option, but you refused it, because you didn't want to lose your feelings for Diavolo. It would hurt even though you would have gotten over him. The problem was, you were too nervous to ask him out.

Asmo was the first to realize what was going on, and when he explained to his brothers, they asked who you liked, but you were afraid to respond, so you told them you couldn't, to their dismay. They gave up, feeling it was impossible to get an answer.

You sit on your bed, letting the blood flow past your lips, remembering this moment as you cried. They all knew you were in pain, that you were suffering. They couldn't do anything, though, and they felt horrible.

Asmo would occasionally visit you, not trying to find out who it was, he probably already found out. No, he was trying to help you understand getting over your feelings could be just as effective, but he failed, you turning away that painful remedy.

You stare at the floor, hand still over your mouth as you cough again. At least when you die, you won't feel this pain inside of you. You don't even care that it would cost your life, you just wanted it to be over.

You put on your favorite playlist of Lo-Fi music. It's calming, even though it doesn't make your illness any better. You sit there, eyes closed, trying to ignore your surroundings. Maybe you will die here, and someone will find your corpse later.

For now, though, you must stay alive. For Diavolo. But if it's for him, why do you still want to die? 

You sit there for a while, but eventually can't stand the mingled smell of blood and flowers. You clean up the mess, even though you know you'll have to cough up more in a minute or two. You scroll around on your D.D.D, researching the disease.

You eventually stop, feeling that you know too much of this information already, and lay on your back to fall asleep. 

You wake up, surprised you didn't choke on blood or flowers in your sleep. You get up and walk to the kitchen, and find Beel standing there. That's kind of odd to you. "Hey, Beel, why isn't Lucifer guarding the fridge tonight?" You ask.

He shrugs, a large cheeseburger in one hand, and a couple of candy bars in the other. He gives you a sad expression. Being cute and innocent can only take you so far in not understanding things. He certainly understands what's going on with you. 

You walk off after telling him goodbye. You had originally wanted to talk to Lucifer, but by now you've forgotten what you wanted to say to him, so you stopped trying to remember. Now you sit in your bedroom again, which has become the place you spend the most time in.

You go back to bed on your back again, and this time you do wake up choking. You're shocked, and you try to move, to do something other than lay there helplessly, but you can't. You are dying.

You wish your death wasn't so slow. It was like the Reaper himself was messing around with you, just for the fun of watching you struggle against an invisible force, trying to keep yourself from dying, for Diavolo.

Then, suddenly, you lay Still. Silent. Stony Expression. Statue. Sad. Slain.

You were dead.