Mammon- Tears For Years

Voting announcement number one, reply number three.  Voter: GalaxyComets556

It wasn't exactly a secret that Mammon got blamed for everything. You didn't really know why they did, but you did know that you were sick and tired of it. He didn't deserve to be punished for so many of the things he was blamed for that he didn't do. So you decided to find him and talk to him.

You looked in his room, but he wasn't there. In fact, you checked the entire House Of Lamentation, but you couldn't find him anywhere. You were about to give up until you realized he could have just went out to go shopping or something. You put on some decent clothes for going outside and head out.

But as soon as you open the door, you see the rain pouring down from the sky. You were about to go back inside and put on a coat, but you see a familiar figure looking up at the sky. It was Mammon. You forget your intentions to stay warm and dry, sprinting towards him. 

Without warning him, you throw your arms around Mammon and hug him as tightly as you can. This causes him to shout loudly and he almost loses his balance. "WHO ARE YA?! WHAT ARE YA DOIN'?!" He shouts.

"Mammon, calm down, it's me." You say. He looks at you, tear streaks on his face, easy to spot despite the rain drops also on his face. "We need to go inside, you'll feel a lot warmer there." Mammon glares at the ground. "I don't wanna go back there, everyone is always blamin' me for everythin'."

Even though he said he didn't want to go back, you pulled him away from where he was standing and dragged him to The House Of Lamentation. Mammon was flailing around the entire time, but this only made you tighten your grip on him.

You keep dragging him through the door and to his room, where you make him sit down on his bed. "Now, empty your mind. Tell me everything. It'll be alright." He seemed reluctant at first, but gave in after a few moments.

"Well, everybody blames me for things that other people do, and I don't wanna fight back cause they'll tell me that I'm lyin' and then they'll get angrier than before, and then it'll make me upset but I didn't say nothin' about it cause I'm s'posed to be tough, but every time I get in trouble for no reason again, I feel myself slowly givin' up on everythin'. It's been just like this ever since we became demons, and I dunno how to s-stop it.." He begins to cry again, looking down.

You grab his face and make him look at you. Tears were running down his face like a waterfall. "What are you?" You asked gently. "This is one of those 'memes', eh?" He sighs. "An idiot sandwich?" You shake your head.

"No. You're an amazing, talented, loved, misunderstood, beautiful creature. Never forget that, because if you do, I will personally make sure that you get slapped, hard in the face, by my affection. Understood?" He nods, tears still running down his face.

He tries to speak, but all that comes out is gibberish. He sobs again, but he's beaming at you. You see he's about to open his mouth to speak more nonsense, but you stop him, putting your lips on his. When you pull away, he has such a dark blush that it seems he has a completely different skin color than before.

"Why did you do that, it's not like I give a flying frozen frappe about you, but thanks, I mean, I DON'T KNOW!" He curls up on his bed. Poor flustered baby. You pull his head onto your lap and just stare at his face for a moment. He looks so tired.

You run your fingers through his hair, and stare at the wall, eyes half-closed. You didn't want this moment to end, ever, but you knew that at some point you would have to leave. For now, though, you were going to rest your head on Mammon's pillow and go to sleep.

You wake up and your lap feels oddly empty. Something feels like it's burrowed into your neck, though. You try to turn your head to look at what it is, but you find it difficult to do so. You suspect it's Mammon almost instantly.

You stretch out your hand as much as you can, and grab whatever is behind you, finding that it really is Mammon because of the fluffiness of the hair you felt. Then you remember he sleeps in the nude.

Your eyes widen and you carefully move your hand to where his back was. You felt the soft texture of cotton, and let out a sigh of relief. "Mammon.." Your voice sounded so gritty and broken after sleeping for so long. "Hmm?" You hear him hum from behind you.

"Do you feel better now?" You ask, making your voice as clear as possible. You hear a raspy chuckle. "Yeah..Now c'mere, ya wiggled away from me in yer sleep and I got cold.." He says in a gravelly morning voice. 

Even though you had woken up only a few minutes ago, you fell asleep almost instantly in Mammon's arms. And nothing was there to stop either of you.

(I'm bad at writing angst lolol)

1-3