Fox!Belphie- Sleepless

Voting announcement number one, reply number five. Voter: Mynameis_MC

Belphie had never gone this long without sleeping in his entire life.

Ever since you had left the Devildom, he just couldn't. You were his girlfriend, and he loved you more than anything. It was so unfair to him, you were thrown back into the human world too soon. Currently, he was in his bed, crying once more, ears flattened. Remembering you was painful, yet it was the only thing that kept him sane at this point.

He looked over at the sheep plush you had given him, which was also the icon you used for texting the brothers, mostly him. He tried to make himself see you in the plush, and while it did work, he just sobbed harder.

He grabbed the sheep and hugged it as tightly as he could with his pillow. He tried not to be upset in front of his brothers, but he couldn't really control his emotions when it came to that, so he'd usually eat his dinner in his room to avoid the stares that he might have gotten if he ate at the dinner table.

Tonight, his dinner sat forgotten on his nightstand. Even though it was sushi, his favorite meal, he couldn't bring himself to eat it. He had lost his appetite through the crying. He wouldn't even eat Barbatos's sweets.

Beel was also feeling down all the time, but it seemed he had stronger control over his tears than his twin. He was beginning to become very worried about Belphie's well-being. He wasn't eating tonight either.

He glared at his food. The other brothers at the table stared at him with wide eyes. "Who are you, and what did you do to Beel?" Asked Levi. He didn't answer. He just frowned and let out a sigh. After a few moments, he spoke.

"I'm going to bed." He said quietly, and left the table without another word. Asmo dropped his spoon, which had been filled with rice, forgotten when he had seen that Beel wasn't even touching his.

Meanwhile, Belphie's tail was slamming down on the bed in anger. Why did you have to go, anyway? Couldn't they have changed their plans and let you live here forever? First Lilith, then you. Even just two people was too many to lose.

He heard Beel enter the room, but he didn't bother to let him know he acknowledged it. All he did was lower the volume of his crying. "Belphie, I know you're upset right now, so come here." Despite him not wanting to, he made himself get up and walk over to Beel.

He was greeted with a hug. But this only made him cry more. You would hug him all the time before you left. Remembering this, he pulled away almost instantly. "I'm sorry. I don't want one." He says, going towards his bed to sleep, even though he knew he wouldn't be able to.

At least if he made himself fall asleep, he wouldn't have to deal with the everlasting pain your leaving had caused for him.

He wished he could contact you, but he couldn't. D.D.Ds didn't work in the human world. Phones didn't work in the Devildom. It was a horrible fact. He grabbed his D.D.D from beside him on his bed, and unlocked it. 

He scrolled through your inactive Devilgram account, and stumbled upon your most recent post. It was from only a couple of hours ago, though. His eyes began to sting. Had you come back unannounced?! 

His chest swelled with hope. Until he saw what your post actually said.

'HELP!' There was a picture of you running away from an angry-looking demon. His heart sank, and his breathing quickened with anxiety. Even when you weren't by his side, when he knew you were upset, he'd feel even worse.

He began to shake. Within moments, he had lost all sense and he couldn't stop himself from doing what he was about to do. He jumped out of his bed, put his shoes on, and ran outside, struggling to see because of the darkness of the Devildom.

His brothers, who happened to be inside at the time, hadn't done anything to stop him, but they weren't sure how they would if they were going to. The only thing they could do was gaze, open- mouthed as they saw Belphie disappear into the darkness.

"I swear, losin' (Y/N) has messed around with his brain." Mammon said. "Existing has messed around with your brain." Remarked Satan, his eyes moving rapidly from side to side as he read without looking up.

Belphie turned corners and ran past other demons, sprinting past The Fall and Majolish as he went, earning several stares and some glances as he refused to slow down, his lungs burning, but he'd never stop until he found you.

Once he found you, he thought, he would be able to sleep again, and even better, snuggling you. But as he passed the Library, the realization hit him. You had never posted anything about you surviving.

He hoped with his entire being that you were still alive, that you had simply forgotten to say you were alive. But then he turned one last corner, and he was proven wrong. He felt like he had died at the sight of you.

There crouched the exact demon that was chasing you, finishing off your arm, one of the few parts of your body left. You died being eaten by a demon. Tears immediately flooded from his eyes, but he also felt anger.

He transformed into his demon form, and grabbed the other demon by the throat, slamming him against the wall. Your blood was streaming down his face, and it was also on his hands. "WHY?!" He screamed at his face.

The other demon looked terrified, and couldn't utter a peep even if he wanted to. Belphegor pressed down harder on his neck, and the other demon choked, his body collapsing on the ground, lifeless.

All that was left of you was your hand, decorated with his pact mark. He picked it up and carried it home, not caring about the concerned looks he got from the rest of the demons he passed.

And that's how his career as the Insomniac Murderer began.

His hand still caressed yours before he went to bed, though it was suspended in a block of resin. He killed to avenge you, because it gave him another sense of victory over someone who had harmed you. It was his cure for depression.

(Sorry for the crappy writing, I'm also going back to normal requests now, I have a couple of Lucifer requests to work on.)

1-5