Chapter One

As far back as Ar'iabel Quinara can remember she's been training to be a Jedi. The Jedi are like her family, an extremely dysfunctional, highly unemotional family. So when she comes home to Coruscant from her visit to Filata, she finds herself content, if not a little worried, that is, until she sees the smoke rising from the roof of the Temple.

    The Jedi breaks into a sprint, slipping on the worn down soles her boots into the building. She smells the flesh, and she senses the great terror that was felt. It's as she enters the training room that she finds the dead, the Force sweeps through the air, giving her courage, and a slight idea as to what occured.

    Master Quinara surveys the bodies of the deceased younglings, and Jedi who happened to be in the temple. She calmly closes eyelids over the glassy eyes of the dead. Small fires burn around the room, causing the grey of her eyes to look almost as orange as her blades.

    Ar'iabel can sense as millions of her friends, no, family die at the hands of those who were once their friends. The Force provides her with a vision. She sees Master Yoda, Master Kenobi, and Senator Organa all together. A location appears in her subconscious, and, before she even realizes it, she's leaving the Temple, her home for the last two hundred, twenty-one years.

    Polis Massa, the name that keeps appearing in her subconscious. The name the Force is providing for her. She jumps back in her ship, and takes off from Coruscant, leaving her home for the final time.

    Master Quinara asks the Force for help in getting off planet undetected by the Clonetroopers, and, thankfully, the Force provides. She doesn't think she could go through with killing more of the people she holds most dear.

*Flashback*

    On the way home to Coruscant, after another successful transport mission, Ar'iabel lands her ship on a small planet, allowing the Clones to wander through the bustling market place. She had wandered away from the group of Clones, looking at various items, when she senses a shift in the emotions of her friends. Turning around, she spots Commander Raven lift his blaster. She reaches out with the Force, keeping her eyes on the Clone, feeling for any kind of danger that could be present. It's only when the blaster fires right at her, barely missing her as she ducks, that she knows something is wrong, not within the surrounding area, but the Clones. Leading the boys on chase to a more unpopulated area, she ignites her dual orange lightsabers.

    As each Clone rounds the final corner, blaster raised, finger on the trigger, she separates their torso's from their legs. She shoves the emotions that attempt to cloud her judgement to the back of her mind, knowing that she did everything that was necessary, but, deeply regretting her actions.

    Master Yoda's voice fills her mind, "Unavoidable, death is. A Jedi, you are. What you must, you did." She breathes out softly, rushing for her ship.

*Flashback End*

    Her ship lands softly, undetected on Polis Massa. She throws her senses fully into the Force, searching for the signatures she recognizes. She detects the powerful signature of Yoda, and follows it, keeping her senses in the Force, allowing it to guide her to her Master.

    Master Quinara nears the Medical Center, extracting herself from the Force, and the door slides open with a whoosh. She doesn't need to be fully absorbed in the Force, as she can now sense the presence of who are potentially the last two Jedi in existence. The door to the room is locked, clearly to keep enemies out, but, with a quick dip into the Spirit of the Cosmos. Ar'iabel focuses and the lock unhooks, the door sliding open.

    She's met with two lightsabers and a blaster, but, once recognition dons on the three, the weapons lower, but don't disappear.

    "Keen?" Master Kenobi questions.

    "Obi Wan, oh, thank the Force." her Coruscanti accent echoing through the chamber.

    "Happened to you, what has, hmmmm?"

    "Well, Master, I was with my Clones when they turned on me, and I," here she hesitates for the briefest of seconds, "I had to kill them. I went back to Coruscant, only to find the Temple in ruins. What happened?"

    If Obi Wan, Yoda, or Bail Organa notice the pause, or how she refers to her men as Clones, they make no comment. Rather, Obi Wan answers her question. "Palatine happened."

    When it's clear that Master Quinara is still confused, Yoda begins to elaborate.

    "Sith, he is. Fooled us, he has."

    "Not only that, he turned Anakin to the Dark Side."

    The air in the room suddenly turns stale in Keen's lungs. "Tal Gnosh, I should've kriffing seen this coming!"

    Her eyes finally drift to the window onto the operating room, "Is that Padme?"

    "Yes," Bail answers, "Apparently she and Anakin were–"

    The Senator is cut off by the Jedi, "Married, yes, I know."

    It's Obi Wan and Yoda's turn to be confused.

    "This is my fault, I should've told the counsel. Anakin came to me, shortly after he and Padme wed, asking for advice. He acted as though it wasn't he who married the Senator, but, lying was not his strong suit. I advised him to inform the Council and withdraw from the Order. Anakin refused to listen to me, going so far as to threaten me to not tell you. I should've seen the Dark Side taking him over, but, I failed him."

    "To blame, you are not."

    "I was with Anakin almost every day for the past few years, I should have seen the change. He really began to change after Ashoka left, she seemed to ground him."

    "No one's to blame, but Anakin and Palpatine," Senator Organa tells them. Before more can be said, crying is heard on the other side of the window. Padme names her son Luke, and her daughter Leia. That is the last act she makes on this plane of existence.

    Obi Wan takes Luke to Tatooine, his father's home planet, leaving him in the protection of his Uncle, and going to a life of hermit-hood in the sand dunes, to keep an eye on the child, and to keep him safe, to train him when he reaches the age.

    Bail Organa brings Leia to Alderaan. He and Breha will raise her as their own. Keep her safe, and unknown to Palpatine. Keeping the twins separate is safer for the galaxy, seeing as they are both extremely strong in the Force.

    Yoda leaves to Dagobah, a planet where no one will search for him. The world will believe Grand Master Yoda to be dead.

    Jedi Master Ar'iabel Quinara leaves Polis Massa herself choosing Lothal as a place to lay low, and fight this Empire in a small way, whilst still attempting to keep off their radar, and keep the Galaxy safe.