Chapter Twenty-One

"This time, try to keep it calm," Ezra tells Zeb, as they descend the ramp of the Ghost onto Lothal, "We don't want you inflating it again."

"Hey, it wasn't my fault!" the Lasat growls.

"It was your face's fault."

Keen, following close behind the two smiles, "Alright you two, keep it civil." In synch, both turn to her, their tongues poking out at her. Rolling her eyes, she mutters, "Real mature."

"This is your land?"

Lando looks over at Hera, "Bought if off a charming fellow named Vizago."

"Perfect," Keen says, "But why was it so important to get this pig here?"

"Because a puffer-pig has a nose for precious minerals. It can
do the job of a dozen mining scanners."

"And the Empire doesn't want private landholders mining Lothal."

Keen had a reply ready to go, but Kanan butts into the conversation, "We're done here. Pay us, and we'll be on our way."

The Jedi would've responded to the Knight, had she not suddenly sensed a new person in the area. From across the lot comes the familiar voice of Azmorigan, "He has other debts to pay."

Ar'iabel slips her hand into her bag, grabbing her blaster, preparing for the worst.

"Did you forget I introduced you to Vizago, huh? I knew where you were headed."

The smuggler makes a show of looking around, "But your ship You couldn't have hidden it anywhere close. Did you walk here? You don't walk anywhere."

"Well, I do what's necessary to claim my property, Calrissian."

Always the negotiator, Keen steps in front of Calrissian, "And what is it that you want?"

"My demands are simple. I want my pig back and the Twi'lek. Plus this ship and this crew as compensation for my sore feet. But first first, I want to bury Calrissian."

"Yeah, yeah, I understand the feeling. But no," Hera supplies.

"Now, wait. Let's consider that last demand for a sec," Kanan says, leaning in towards Hera and Keen. The Jedi Master shoves the Knight back, eyes glued to Azmorigan's gross face.

"I've run out of patience! Get them!" the red alien grumbles.

"Get back!" Hera yells, ducking behind a crate. Everyone scrambles to get cover, Keen somehow ending up beside Ezra and Kanan.

The two Jedi take turns shooting at Azmorigan's men. Out of the corner of her eye, Keen sees Ezra reaching for his saber. Before she can react, Kanan grabs his Padawan's arm. "No lightsabers, not unless we're–"

"You worry too much," the boy responds. He pulls back the trigger, launching a beam of blue energy at one of the smugglers, knocking him off his perch.

"Hey, mine doesn't do that," Kanan mopes.

Keen smiles, ruffling Ezra's hair, "So that's what that other bit is for. Very smart."

He beams up at her, "Thanks. I might not be able to sword fight yet, but I can shoot."

"Kid, you continue to impress."

Keen smiles once again at Ezra, taking a shot at one of Azmorigan's men, hitting him in the chest, not even paying attention.

"Maybe, but she's way more impressive. When do I learn that?"

"Patience, Padawan. That's for Kanan to decide, not me."

"Yeah, I'll teach you that, Ezra," he tells the boy, before mumbling, "As soon as I learn how to do it."

Out of nowhere, the pig races through the field, squealing at the blaster fire all around her. "Zeb," the Master Jedi shouts, "The pig! Scare it!"

"What? How?"

"Just be you," Hera replies.

The pig makes a beeline toward Zeb, who smiles scarily at it, "Hey, pig!"

She squeaks in terror, inflating, bouncing all over the place. She knocks out three men, bounding for more crates.

With everyone distracted, it's not a large surprise when Azmorigan has a gun to Zebs head. "New terms: I get Calrissian, and this one lives. I get Calrissian, and you all can go free."

"You got it," Ezra enthuses.

"Deal," Kanan agrees.

"While the offer is exceedingly tempting, I'm gonna have to say no," Keen states.

From behind the Lasat, the gun turrets of the Ghost fire, knocking Azmorigan off his feet. Zeb grabs his bow rifle aiming it directly at the aliens head.

Hera smiles, "My terms: You and your men leave now, and we let you live. Start walking."

Azmorigan, realizing he's beat whimpers, moving slowly away, at least until Zeb kicks him, he then scurries away quickly.

Lando smiles, approaching the Rebels, "I like everything that just happened except that you let Azmorigan live. That'll be a problem for me later."

"I think you have a problem now. You don't have the credits you owe us, do you?"

The smuggler pats the pig, saying, "But I will once my baby's worked her magic."

Hera glances down at the pig, "You mean, if she finds what you're looking for and you've mined and smuggled it off world?"

"I can give you back your droid."

"I don't think you have much of a choice in that anyway, Lando," Ar'iabel informs. The astromech apparently agrees, as he grunts and grumbles.

"That won't satisfy your debt to me. Not after what you pulled," the Twi'lek says, shoving a finger at him.

"Then how about we settle that debt with a little game of sabacc?"

"Then you'll just have to owe me one."

Lando smirks, watching as she walks back to the Ghost. He leans next to Chopper, laying an arm on his dome, "Don't worry, my small metal friend. We shall meet again." The droid shoves the arm off of himself, wheeling away angrily.

The Ghost crew all walk to the Ghost, chatting amongst themselves. The Jedi hangs back a few seconds, turning toward the smuggler. "Y'know, Calrissian, I might have a planet you can go to, if you ever tire of Imps and Lothal."

A flirty smile spreads across Lando's face, "Really, do tell."

"I've heard that Bespin has Tibanna Gas clouds, fresh for the taking. I doubt you'd be bothered by the mining guild, of even the Imperials, if you play your cards right."

"Hm, I just might head there next, Keen. A true pleasure meeting you."

"Yeah, feeling not mutual, kinda hoping not to see you again. Mee jewz ju, Calrissian."

The Jedi walks up the ramp of the Ghost, closing it as she walks in. Chopper is cheering from the corner of the cargo hold. Looking over, Keen sees a barrel, "Well, would you look at that, Chopper stole Lando's fuel."

"You mean he was playing Lando the whole time? Good job, Chopper," Zeb compliments. The droid just continues to cheer.

"Anyone that fools Lando is okay with me," Kanan praises the droid.

(End of Idiot's Array)

Hello there,
    I am so sorry that I didn't post at all last week, or yesterday. I was at a camp last week, and I just forgot that yesterday was Monday. I hope you enjoy this.