Chapter Thirty-Three

The crew looks at each other, Ezra sensing as panic seeps into the room. "Okay, well, we'll just have to get them out before they reach the planet."

Hera smiles at his enthusiasm, "That's easier said than done. There's no way the Ghost can get into the system without being seen."

Sabine looks at the Twi'lek, "I might have a plan for that."

*Later*

The Mandalorian snuck aboard an Imperial ship, successfully stealing a transport, with her normal flare.

The crew gather's in the cockpit, surrounding a hologram of the Grand Moff's ship.

"The transport you stole will get us close to the fleet over Mustafar. We know they have Kanan and Keen on Tarkin's Star Destroyer," Hera states.

Zeb rolls his eyes, grumbling, "And it's surrounded by a bunch of other Star Destroyers."

"Uh, lots more. We'll need a distraction to cover our entry," the Twi'lek turns her chair to face the girl, "Sabine?"

"Engine room's here–" she points at a place on the hologram. All the power for the ship. If we could get inside the docking bay, I could rig something, black 'em out. But our transport ship's not gonna fit in there."

"We need something small enough to get into that hangar bay," Hera sighs. "Too bad we blew up all the TIEs at that base."

"Well...uh," Ezra pipes up, nervously rubbing the back of his neck, "there is one left. But it's not at the base."

Zeb's ears press flat against his head, glancing nervously at Hera, "Uh-uh. Uh-uh."

"Look, this is serious, Zeb. For Kanan and Keen."

The Lasat sighs deeply, "Fine."

"What's going on?" Hera demands, looking between the Padawan, Lasat and Mandalorian.

"The TIE we stole a while back, we, uh–we didn't exactly crash it."

The Twi'lek glares at him, "And by 'didn't exactly', you mean–"

"We didn't crash it," Ezra responds quickly, "We kept it."

"You all knew about this?" she demands. The other three rebels look down guiltily, not meeting her eyes. Hera sighs, "I should be angry. I should yell at you for disobeying a direct order. But right now, I'm just grateful we got it."

"Uh, there's a slight problem with it."

"What kind of problem?"

"Yeah, what kind of problem?" Zeb growls.

Ezra and Sabine lead the other two to the TIE fighter. It sits in the middle of a field, hidden behind a few peaks. The ship is covered from top to bottom in a rainbow of colours, all coming together to form a beautiful array of colour and design.

"Okay. Well, this is awful," the Lasat grumbles.

"What? It's some of my best work," Sabine shrugs.

"It'll have to do," Hera states, inspecting the paint job.

"I thought you were supposed to be the sane one. This whole plan is as crazy as those colours."

"Maybe you're right," the Twi'lek responds to the ranting Lasat. "Maybe this mission doesn't make military sense. But Kanan is family. Keen is family. And we've all lost enough family to the Empire. So rescuing them makes sense to me. I-I'm not ordering you-- any of you-- to come along. But you need to decide now. In or out?"

"I'm in," Ezra and Sabine chorus. Chopper agrees as well. The four turn to look at the Lasat.

"Karabast. I'm in. But what about that?" he nods to the TIE.