Chapter Eight

Jedi Master Quinara jumps out of hyperspace just over Tatooine, carefully guiding her ship down onto the planets sandy surface. "At least Vader will never come here," she mutters, climbing off her ship. Stepping out, she is almost immediately happy that she's wearing her lighter robes, and not her cloak.

She slowly made her way to Mos Eisley, walking through the sweltering heat of the desert planet. Keen's eyes glance over the whole town in one sweep, only seeing one person outside. It's a boy, probably around the same age as Ezra, a mop of blonde hair on his head, and, judging by his robes, he's a moisture farmer. "Hello, there," she calls to the kid.

"Oh, hi," he says, turning around to look at her.

"I was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for a Ben Kenobi...you wouldn't happen to know where he is, would you?"

A smile splits the farmers face, "Crazy old Ben? Yeah, I can take you to him, but you're gonna want a speeder."

Something about this kid sparks a familiarity in the Jedi's mind, maybe it's the Force signature he's giving off. "I don't have one. Where can one rent one here?"

"Ah, don't worry, we can use mine. C'mon. I'm Luke, by the way." He once again smiles.

The name is what makes it click in Ar'iabel's mind, and she responds with, "Keen," and follows him to his speeder. The kid is babbling on and on about Tatooine and everything he's heard about 'crazy Ben.'

"Anyway, my Uncle says he's dangerous and I'm not supposed to go see him, so I'll drop you off nearby his house. I think he has a speeder of his own, so he should be able to get you back to Mos Eisley, if that's okay. I can wait if you'd like, but, if I'm late getting home, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru will be mad, and I'll probably miss dinner."

Keen smiles, almost laughing, "Don't worry, Luke, I'll be fine, thank you for offering though. We don't want you to miss dinner." The speeder slows to a stop, and over a couple of dunes, Master Quinara can see a small hut. "Thank you for the ride, as well," she says, hopping off the speeder, handing him a few credits.

"Whoa, hey, you don't have to pay me, I just like helping people."

Ar'iabel ignores Skywalker, walking to the hut, and she hears as he heads back over the dunes. She makes her way to the door of Kenobi's home, knocking on the door, not waiting for an answer, and opening it.

She sees Obi Wan sitting at his table, a tankard of something sitting in front of him, although he's clearly not inebriated. "Hello, there," he says, standing to face her.

"Master Kenobi," she smiles, wrapping him in a hug, which he gladly returns. "Master Yoda said you needed me. Called me all the way to Dagobah, only to send me here. I had to help a friend, but, I came as soon as I could."

"Come," he says, gesturing with his head to the back room. She walks into the dusty room, which isn't that surprising, almost everything on this planet is coated in a thin layer of dust. It's a room with a large window, the sunlight streaming in. A bed is pushed against the wall, and, floating in the middle of the room is an egg-shaped cot.

Radiating from the carrier is a strong Force signature, one that's extremely familiar. "Is that...Grogu?"

Ben sighs, scrubbing one hand over his face, "Yes, he was left on my doorstep a few days ago. I was just as shocked as you, and I would have gladly taken him in, except I must–"

"Keep Luke safe with your life. I understand. I'll take Grogu, hide him safely away from the Empire. You keep Skywalker safe, not that Vader would ever dream of coming back here!"

Kenobi chuckles, gesturing back to the main room. "Yes, but, I can't train the boy, his Uncle won't let me. So, I'm doing my best to keep him safe, which is all I can do."

"You're doing your best, Master Kenobi, that's all anyone asks of you." Keen looks back at the child in the floating pod, linking it up to her bracelet. "Listen, Obi, as much as I'd love to hang around and chat, I shouldn't stay for too long. I'd only be putting you in danger."

He nods, a brief hint of sadness floating through the Force. "I understand, and thank you for coming. If you ever need some help, you know where to find me."

"I hear you may have a speeder I can use."

"Yes, it's just outside, park it in front of the Cantina, and I'll retrieve it next time I'm in town. May the Force be with you, Keen, always."

"And with you as well, Obi, with you as well." With those words Keen exits the hut, the pod containing Grogu floating along behind her.