Chapter Thirty-One

"Why prepare to fight if we're not even going after Kanan?" Zeb grumbles from his seat in the cockpit of the Ghost.

"You think he'll talk, tell 'em what he knows about us?" Sabine asks the Captain.

The Twi'lek shakes her head, "He doesn't know anything."

"Sabine. Uh, where are the power cells? I need some for my...lightsaber," Ezra asks over the comms.

The Mandalorian sighs, looking up from the targeting system "Did you check the overheads?"

"First place I looked."

"Hold on. I know where to find some. Chopper, take over for me," she grabs the Lasat by the arm, dragging him with her, "You can help us look too, Zeb."

"Pfft. Really? Why do I need to–" he complains.

Sabine drags him through the ship straight for the Phantom.

"Is Chopper in position?" Ezra asks, just as the doors slide open.

" Yep. Let me in there," she responds, moving for the pilots seat that the Padawan just vacated.

"Wait," the Lasat cries, finally understanding what's going on, "you're going to find Keen and Kanan. You're disobeying Hera's orders!"

"Were they orders, or more like her opinion?" Sabine asks, setting the getting the Phantom ready to fly.

"If we're gonna save them, we don't have a choice. You with us or not?"

"Yeah, I'm with you."

"Good," the boy turns back to the viewscreen, "because the plan's in motion already. Just waiting for the signal." A light on the console starts incessantly blinking only moments later. "And that would be the signal. Let's go."

Sabine launches the Phantom, moving as far from the Ghost as quickly as possible, "Okay. So, where are we going anyway?"

"Our last resort. Vizago."

*Tarkin's Cruiser*

"It's only a matter of time before he breaks," Agent Kallus informs his superior.

"You have wasted enough of my time," Tarkin grumbles. "I have brought in an expert on the Jedi, he trained many of the Inquisitors."

A deep, heavy breathing fills the space, as the helmeted figure steps forward. Kallus, his eyes landing on the Sith Lord, pales. "You are no doubt unaware that Jedi are trained to resist mind probes."

"If he is the Jedi he claims to be, I take it you have a solution?"

"Pain," Darth Vader responds, "A Jedi still feels pain. And pain can break anyone. I have no use for him," he says, waving a hand at the Knight, "He knows nothing. But, Quinara, she knows more than she says, they wouldn't leave a Jedi of her caliber out of the loop. Continue with your silly games here, Agent Kallus, but you will find nothing substantial."

With those words, Vader turns with his cape whipping around rather dramatically, as he breezes from the room.

***

Tarkin leads the Sith Lord across the hall. "This is a true Jedi," Vader says, opening the door. "She trained in the Jedi Temple for many years. Sat on the Jedi Council. Jedi Master Ar'iabel Quinara, the last of the Old Religion," he tells Tarkin, although the Governor is very much aware of all of this, and Vader knows that.

Defiantly, she lifts her head up, her eyes glaring right at Tarkin, not that he can see them. "So, what's the plan now?"

"Pain," Darth Vader responds.