Chapter Eighteen

Master Quinara sits at the bar in Jho's. Kanan is on the other side of the room, also at the bar. Zeb is at a table in the corner of the room, playing sabacc with a Rodian and a human. The Jedi feels as if, ever since meeting Kanan again, she's been running non-stop. 

Technically, she should probably be asking around for some mission or such that will get them money or food or some such thing, but she's taking this time to have a long deserved break from action. Leaning back in her chair, she downs the drink in front of her, closing her eyes in peace. That is, until Chopper starts to angrily grunt and grumble.

"I'm getting to old for this," she grumbles, moving over to the Lasat and his sabacc game. Keen sidles up behind the Knight, glancing I've his shoulder

"So, do we have a bet?" the Lasat asks, gesturing to Chopper.

The stranger opposite the table from Zeb laughs. "We do."

The Lasat sprawls his cards out on the table victoriously, only for the stranger to lay down a superior hand. Keen leans toward Kanan's ear, and says, "Hera is going to skin you alive, and you probably deserve it."

"Name's Calrissian. Lando Calrissian," the stranger introduces, "Now please, introduce me to my new droid."

The Jedi Master leaves Kanan with Calrissian, ambling back over to the bar. She collapses back into her chair, ordering another drink. By the time the others are done with their conversation, Keen is done with her drink.

Kanan, Zeb, Chopper, and Lando all leave Jho's together, apparently planning on leaving Ar'iabel behind. The Jedi rolls her eyes, jumping to the floor.

***

Keen follows the others back to the Ghost, coming up just behind Zeb.

Chopper barges onto the ship grumbling angrily at Hera. "Hi. I can explain," the Lasat says as he enter the ship himself.

"Explain what?"

"Alot," Keen replies, entering the Ghost, sitting criss-cross on top of a crate. The Lasat turns quickly, growling at the Master.

"Hera, Sabine, Ezra," Kanan says, strolling into the Ghost himself, their guest at his side, he gives off an air of nervousness, not that Ar'iabel can blame him, "This is Lando Calrissian. He needs a fast ship to move some cargo past the Imperial blockade of Lothal."

"Yes. For some reason, this planet has an unusually large Imperial presence. But are you sure you can get this vessel past the blockade, Captain...Hera, is it?" Keen smirks at the question. If any pilot could get past that blockade, it's Hera, she could make the trip in her sleep.

"It is. And the Ghost can mask both its signal and signature. We'll get you past the blockade. What's the cargo?"

"I was told 'No questions asked'."

"That's fine," the Twi'lek responds, standing from the machine she and Sabine were working to repair, "It just costs more."

"Kanan and I already settled on a price. But I assume he requires your approval."

"He doesn't," Hera responds, setting her wrench down. Keen uncrosses her legs, setting her feet on the floor of the ship, leaning forward.

"Excellent. When the job's done, you'll be paid handsomely, and, as agreed, I'll return your droid."

The Jedi almost laughs at the looks of fear on Kanan and Zebs face as the Twi'lek turns on both of them, "Return our droid?" she demands.

Choppers hands appear from it's torso, waving them wildly, his grumbles louder, and angrier sounding than usual.

"Uh, yeah. Funny story. You see, Lando and I were playing sabacc, and I kinda...bet Chopper," Zeb says, rubbing a hand over his head, his ears pressed to his head.

"Garazeb Orrelios, Chopper wasn't yours to bet!"

"Kanan said it was okay."

A wave of fear radiates from Kanan as Hera turns on him. The Knight shoots a look to the Lasat.

"And you should know better! Chopper is a member of this crew!" she shouts.

Keen has an impassive look on her face when Hera faces her, "And where were you when all this was going down? You were supposed to be the voice of reason with these two."

"Sorry, Hera, I was having a drink and by the time I got over to the game, Zeb had already bet the droid, not a lot I could do at that point," she shrugs.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. We should go. I need to pick up my cargo, and I don't want to keep my supplier waiting. Besides, if all goes well, there won't be anything for you good people to argue about," the smuggler says, flirtily.

The Twi'lek looks at the flirty smuggler, letting out a groan of frustration. She stomps off for the cockpit, after shooting Kanan and Zeb another glare.

Almost as soon as Hera is out of the room, Ezra, who had clearly been trying his best not to laugh, can't hold back any longer. He starts laughing, and Kanan whips his head to face him, glaring at him. Seeing his master's glare, the Padawan sobers for a moment, only to start laughing again. When Ar'iabel's eyes meet Ezra's, she also starts to laugh. The Jedi Knight turns his glare on the Jedi Master, leaving for the cockpit himself.

Lando spares a glance at the two, before opting to follow the Knight and pilot to the cockpit of the Ghost. As soon as the smuggler leaves the room, Master Quinara stands from the crate, stretching. She walks over to the ladder up toward the common area, declaring, "I don't like him."

Ezra and Zeb follow her up the ladder, as Zeb echoes her sentiments. The Jedi grabs herself a cup of Caf, sitting at the holotable.

"Eh," Ezra starts, "He doesn't seem that bad. I mean, maybe a little too flirty, but overall, he isn't that bad."

Keen lifts her cup as if to offer a toast, "I'm not saying he's evil or anything, I just don't personally like him."

As she finishes her statement, the man in question, as well as his newly acquired droid, enter. The astromech rolls over to Calrissian, a cup of Caf in his hand.

"Why, thank you, Chopper."

"Can't believe the little bolt bucket's actually waiting on that guy," the Lasat grumbles.

"I can't believe you lost Chopper. Good thing I wasn't there. You'd have bet me," Ezra says, somewhat jokingly.

"Mmm, nah. You wouldn't have covered the pot. Besides, I think Calrissian cheated."

"He definitely cheated," Ar'iabel says, leaning back in her seat. The two turn to face her.

"How are you so sure?" Zeb asks.

"I sensed it," the Jedi shrugs

"Lando seems nice enough."

"I'm telling you, I don't like that guy."

(Beginning of Idiot's Array)