Chapter Sixteen

The Jedi Master appropriates a ship, quickly fleeing the Star Destroyer she had been moved too. Almost as soon as the ship hits space, she dismantles the tracking device, to be sure that no one will be able to locate her.

Keen maneuvers the ship further from the Destroyer, checking the on board maps to figure out where she is, and to locate some hyperspace coordinates. She finds that she's a small jump from Alderaan, a planet which holds someone to whom she is very close.

"Alright, you said I could drop by any time, Bail," she murmurs to herself, making the jump to hyperspace. Ar'iabel programs the autopilot, her head throbbing all the while. Her vision is still spotty, and while that doesn't bother her much, seeing as she can function just fine without vision. It's the fact that she's light-headed, the inhumane incarceration of the Empire doesn't help much.

The Jedi hopes she can hold on to her conscious thought long enough to at the very least jump out of hyperspace. It's only a few moments later that her eyes begin to hurt so badly that she clenches them shut.

"C'mon, c'mon. You can do this Keen, you've been through worse, of course you always had your men with you, but it's fine with the Force's help, you'll be fine."

She launches the shuttle from hyperspace, and it's only mere moments later that Master Quinara succumbs to unconsciousness.

***

She opens her eyes to find her Padawan standing before her.

"Master Quinara," he greets.

"Qui-Gon?"

"Don't worry, Master, you aren't dead, but, we have much to tell you." Keen turns to find many Jedi long since dead standing around her.

"What's wrong?"

Jedi Master Mace Windu steps forward. "Well, Keen, as I'm sure you've realized, Obi-Wan isn't able to train the young Skywalker, but, there is the possibility of another, just as strong as he. With training, the girl could be the Chosen One, who will bring balance to the Force."

"So, all this flashy showmanship to inform me that I need to take on a new Padawan? It wasn't necessary, as I was already considering, thinking, and meditating on this decision, which you all already know. Is this you, casting your vote into the pile of take a new Padawan?"

Master Gormo steps forward in place of Mace. "This is us, using our knowledge and connection to the Force, advising you on an important matter."

"I understand, Master, and I will take the Princess as my apprentice, you all have just convinced me."

The collection of the Jedi of old begin to fade from her sight.

***

Keen slowly blinks her eyes open, a blurry figure draped in the colours of the Alderannian viceroy. "Bail?" she questions quietly.

"Ah, Master Quinara, great to know you're still with us. Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"Vader," comes her simple response. "Thank you for saving me."

"Of course, old friend. When you are ready, there are some people I want you to meet," the viceroy tells her, standing to leave.

"Actually, Bail, there is a matter of great importance I must discuss with you," the Jedi calls, sitting up in the bed, ready to stand.

The Alderannian senator strolls back to the Jedi, pushing her gently back down to the bed. "Whatever it is, it can wait until you're well."

Ar'iabel concedes to the senator, "Fine, just one thing. Please, find a way to contact the Ghost, and inform them that I'm alive, and I'm safe."