Chapter Twenty-Five

The four continue down the pipe, slowing down to a fast walk, trusting the rest of the team to keep the Imperials distracted. "You're so well organized. To evade the Empire as you have, you must have quite a support system. Good funding, powerful allies," the Senator says, casually.

The Jedi Master, walking behind Hera, squints at the Senator. Even after what Kanan said, he still seems fishy, almost as if he's trying to lure information from the rebels.

"No, this is it. We're all there is," Ezra says, turning around.

Keen smiles. As far as Ezra knows, they're the Rebellion, and up until a few weeks ago, Ar'iabel believed it as well. Then, she met the Rebel High Command.

"You can't be serious."

"I hoped we could learn from you, Senator. Your transmissions have already helped keep us going."

"Just to know someone else is out there has meant a lot," the Twi'lek supplies.

"You bring hope to so many downtrodden souls, Trayvis," Keen finishes off, just as the team arrive at an intersection of pipes, that all lead to a giant fan. They're up on the second level, which means they have quite a jump to the floor of the sewer.

"Come on!" The boy jumps, landing on the floor, Hera follows directly after him.

The Senator turns to face the Jedi, gesturing for her to jump. She just stands there, arms crossed across her chest, nodding for him to go. Hesitantly, Trayvis jumps, screaming as he falls to the ground, landing on his face. Keen rolls her eyes from under the mask, jumping delicately down, as Ezra and Hera haul the Senator to his feet.

"How are we getting past this thing?" the Twi'lek asks the two Force-sensitives, letting go of the Senator's arm.

"We could try to cut the power," the Padawan shrugs.

"Yeah, but if the Imps catch up with us, what's to stop them from following us?"

"Watch our backs will ya?" Hera hands the Senator a blaster, walking over to Keen and Ezra.

The Jedi keeps one eye on the Trayvis, while also trying to figure out a way to cut the power to the fan, and once again start it up once they're through.

"That's enough. We're not going anywhere!" the Senator declares, lifting the blaster, aiming it at the Rebels across from him.

"Whoa! Senator? What are you doing?" The Jedi Master senses fear and nerves from the boy, as he ignites his lightsaber, stepping in front of Hera.

"Put your saber down, boy. Now!"

Keen steps in front of both rebels, igniting both of her blades. She balances on the balls of her feet, ready to strike at the Senator at the slightest sign of him moving for them. "Why don't you put the blaster down, and we can talk about this."

"You're...You're with the Empire?" Ezra asks, sounding very upset.

"But all your transmissions, those planets you visited. How did word not get out about you?"

"Because no one ever knew...not even my own droids. Insurgents are not arrested. They're identified and watched. The troublesome ones have...accidents after I'm gone."

Trayvis is waving the blaster as he speaks, moving between pointing it at the three rebels.

Master Quinara takes a step forward, leveling her blade at the Senator's arm, "I recommend dropping the blaster, or you might have an accident of your own!"

Trayvis turns to her with a sneer, "You'll do nothing to me, you're a Jedi, a peacekeeper."

"Don't mistake peace with security, Senator. I've killed before. You could ask the Inquisitor, but he's dead!"