Chapter Thirty

*Ghost Crew*

Sabine signals for Zeb, Ezra and Chopper to prepare to jump on a nearby Imperial Walker. The Imperials are searching Capital City in search of the Rebels, so it seems a wise plan to attack them now.

The hatch of the Walker opens, and immediately the Lasat tugs a screaming Trooper out. Ezra drops down, greeting the second Stormtrooper, knocking him out almost instantaneously.

The Walker careens dangerously forward, shooting blaster bolts at civilians and Imps alike, due to the unconscious buckethead against the controls.

The Troopers on the ground begin shooting up at the Lasat, the Mandalorian immediately taking up arms at them. Chopper takes advantage of the distraction, flying his way straight through the open hatch.

"Plug in, Chop. We need prisoner logs of all Imperial detention facilities," the Padawan states, dragging the unconscious man off the pilots seat.

The droid chatters at the boy, placing it's probe into the access point. Ezra finally dislodges the man, knocking the Imperial vehicle out of position, almost causing the Lasat to fall from his position."Hey! Keep it steady in there!"

A hand of a Stormtrooper appears through the hatch, "Here, take this."

A small smirk crosses the Lasats face, as he tosses the unconscious person at the other Imperials.

Successfully leaping over to the Walker, the Mandalorian drops down inside, only for Chopper to inform her that he can't raise a connection to the Empire. "The entire system would have to be down."

"Well, they did blow up their own comm tower," Zeb replies from on top of the Walker, firing at the Imps down below.

"They must have taken down their entire data network."

"How are we gonna find out where they've got Kanan and Keen now?" Ezra grumbles, kicking the wall in anger.

Two more Walkers show up down the street, firing repeatedly on the rebels. As a blast collides with the side of the ship, Sabine reaches for her comm, "Whoa! Spectre-2, we need a pickup."

"I read you, Spectre-5. Rendezvous at the town's western border."

"Hate to be the pessimist, Ezra, but how do we even know–"

"They're alive, Sabine. I know it," Ezra states furiously, cutting off the Mandalorian.

*Tarkin's Cruiser*

Kanan is hooked to an upright standing table, strapped in with metals bars that press uncomfortably into his chest.

Tarkin stands menacingly before Kanan, a probe droid hovering inches in front of his face. "Now we will discover if you are indeed the Jedi you claim to be."

Wearily, the Jedi Knight meets his eyes, "Well, Governor, somebody's gotta keep you entertained."

The Grand Moff activates the droid for a short time, and when Kanan gives him no information he wants, he instructs Kallus to continue, moving across the hall.

The door to the cell slides open, revealing Keen also pressed to a table. Her shoulders are bruised, her robe ripped slightly on the shoulder, mercifully, they left her mask in place. She had fought hard against the Imperials, but had succumbed to them eventually. "Ah, Master Quinara," Tarkin stands in front of her.

"Wilhuff."

"Tell me, how did a Jedi as powerful as yourself end up with these Insurgents?"

"The day I decided I don't like Palpatine. The day that the clones turned on their Jedi. The day the Republic fell."