Chapter Fourteen

"So they did tag us," Sabine says, looking at the hologram Chopper has up before the rebels.

"Yes. But the good news is the tracer's actually on the hull of the Phantom," Hera informs from the captain's chair.

"How is that good news exactly?"

The Jedi Knight leans back in the copilot chair, "It'll allow us to detach the Phantom and lure the Imperials away from the Ghost and Tseebo."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You want to detach while in hyperspace? Do you know how incredibly dangerous that is?"

"Not nearly as dangerous as what Kanan and I plan to do with the ship," Keen says, leaning against the closed door of the cockpit.

"Can't wait to hear this," the Lasat murmurs.

"I checked our current trajectory. If you can modify the hyperspace coordinates…" the Knight trails off, looking at Hera, eyebrows raised in question

"I could."

"Then we can pass by the asteroid field near Fort Anaxes," Master Quinara finishes.

"You mean the base with the nasties who live in the shadows?" Both of the Jedi nod to the question.

"Wait, what? Why would we want to go down there?" Ezra questions.

"He's right, you two. Why not just drop the Phantom into our trail and let the Imperials chase after their tracker?"

Keen sighs, looking up at the team, "There is more than just that tracker in play here. That Sith Lord is still on our trail, and he won't stop until we're either dead, in prison, or, we've succumbed to the Dark Side."

"As long as Ezra, Keen, and I are on board the Ghost, we're jeopardizing Tseebo's escape."

"So I gotta leave the Ghost and go to this nasty-filled asteroid as a favor to Tseebo?" Ezra grumbles.

"As a favor to all of us. And don't worry. We'll be right beside you," the Knight informs his Padawan.

***

"Are we sure this plan's gonna work?" Kanan asks the Jedi Master, as they walk through a hall of the Ghost.

"As sure as we can be, which isn't that sure."

"Guess we can't hope for more."

"We can hope, it just probably won't amount to much." The Jedi reach the door to the common area of the Ghost, to hear Sabine and Ezra arguing. Kanan leans toward the door, seemingly listening to the argument intensely.

"Okay, so try harder! Once Hera takes him away, you may never see Tseebo again," she hears the Mandalorian shout.

"Maybe that's for the best."

"Y'know, Kanan, eavesdropping is considered rude in many circles," Keen tells the other Jedi. The Knight turns and shushes her quickly.

"Sabine," Ezra starts, before letting out a sigh, "I've been on my own since I was seven, okay? If I'd let myself believe my folks were alive, if I let myself believe they'd come back and save me, I'd never have learned how to survive." The Padawan turns to open the door, although Keen hits the button, the door opening with a whoosh.

"You ready?" the Knight immediately asks his Padawan. The Mandalorian stares at Ezra, looking as if she's ready to say something to him. The Padawan turns to face his Master nodding. Sabine looks ready to protest, but Kanan gives her a look, and she shuts her mouth.