Chapter Thirty-Five

"Ezra, we're in the TIE. Where are you?" Hera says.

"On my way. Go!" he shouts in response, he and Kanan running for the docks, Keen still tossed over the Knights shoulder.

"We're not leaving without you, Kanan, and Keen."

"Will you just listen to the kid?" Kanan grumbles, "Don't worry. I've got him."

"You mean, I've got you," the boy argues.

"And where's Keen?"

"We've got her. You take care of Zeb and Sabine. I'll get them out of here. Trust me."

The Jedi round the corner into the port, seeing only one TIE Fighter left. "The Sith Lord's TIE," Kanan smiles.

"Well, we know he's not gonna use it," Ezra shrugs.

"You know what, kid? You worry me sometimes," the Knight says. He then turns his head to look down at his Padawan, "You do know the Sith Lord isn't dead, right?"

"Well, yeah. No kriff, Kanan. Someone with no training could sense his presence."

The Knight frowns, "I really need to talk to Keen about swearing in front of you," he mumbles to himself. He uses the Force to open the hatch to the TIE, jumping in. Ezra follows his Master, landing in a crouch on the floor, as Kanan drops Keen in the corner.

"Y'know, she probably doesn't need more head damage. You could set her down more gently," the Padawan shrugs.

"Ezra, the entire cruiser is about to blow up. We need to be quick, I'll apologize to her when she wakes up," he grumbles, starting the Fighter off the ground, and out of the ship.

The hit open space, to see what is obviously the rebels TIE being bombarded by blaster bolts. The Knight opens fire, taking out the ships tailing their friends.

"We got your back," Ezra states into his comm.

"Thanks," Sabine responds "But without Chopper's transport, we're going nowhere fast."

"We got TIEs closing in," Hera informs the other, as the Imperials start to surround the rebels.

"I just want to say," Ezra gulps, looking at the Imperial ships surrounding them, "it was really nice getting to know all of you."

Just then, over the comm comes some very familiar droid babble, as a transport ship, and three other ships jump out of hyperspace.

"Chopper! He came back," Zeb cheers through the comm.

The two unknown ships fire at the TIE's on the rebels tails, taking them all out. "Who–Who is that?" Ezra asks, turning to his Master.

"I don't know, but I think they're on our side."

"Kanan, Ezra, dock with Chopper's transport so we can make the jump into hyperspace," Hera instructs, the Jedi obediently following her instructions. As soon as the TIE links with the Freighter, the ship jumps into hyperspace, leaving an explosion of an Imperial Cruiser in their wake.

Kanan and Ezra climb out of their ship into the cargo hold of the Ghost, Zeb leaning down, grabbing Keen by the collar of her tunic, gently removing her mask.

"I owe you all a great debt of gratitude. Even if what you did was rash," Kanan lifts one finger, "and reckless," he lifts another.

"You're welcome, dear," Hera says, pulling him into a hug.

Keen blearily blinks her eyes open, looking around, she slurs, "Oh, hey, 'M home."

Zeb looks down at the Jedi he's supporting, "Yeah, welcome back."

Aimlessly, Keen lifts a thumb up, a smile shooting across his face.

Kanan looks at her, "You feeling okay?"

Confusedly, she nods her head, still feeling groggy.

Chopper wheels into the room, complaining loudly.

Keen slowly lifts her hands to her ears, clamping her eyes shut, "Shush," she grumbles at the astromech.

Worriedly, Ezra glances at her, before turning to Hera and Kanan, "If Chopper was in this transport ship, then who was flying the Ghost?"

The crew walk over to the Ghost, Zeb supporting the stumbling Jedi all the way. As they walk through the door, there are six men in a uniform, guarding the door. Chopper rolls triumphantly through, waving his arms. The group of rebels glance at each other, following the droid through the door. Almost immediately after they entered, the astromech brings up a hologram of someone Keen easily recognizes, "Hello, my friend. It is good to see you again."

"I don't understand. I met you once for a few moments. I don't even know your name."

Ar'iabel chaotically cheers, "Bail!"

"Keen?" the Senator's eyes widen, "Are you okay?"

She once again aimlessly raises a thumb.

"His name is Senator Bail Organa," the Twi'lek says.

"And the crews of the blockade runners?" Kanan questions.

"Members of other rebel cells," the Hologram supplies.

"There are other cells?" Sabine asks.

"We're a cell? Wait. Did you know we were a cell?" Ezra whispers to Zeb.

"Um...no."

Zeb says at the exact same time the Jedi Master says, "Yep!"

"We weren't supposed to meet. That way, if captured, we couldn't reveal the other rebels to the Empire. That was the protocol," Hera explains, looking at Keen confusedly.

"The protocol has changed," a voice from the ladder says.

"Fulcrum."

"Ahsoka. My name is Ahsoka Tano."

"Soka!" Keen lurches forward, very unbalanced. Zeb reaches out to steady her, as her knees give out, and she crumples to the ground. Ahsoka rushes forward, pulling her friend into a hug. "Are you alright?" she quietly asks.

"As good as anyone who's been tortured, I guess."

"Why did you come here?" Kanan asks, interrupting the reunion.

"Because of you and your apprentice, many in this system and beyond have heard your message. You gave them hope in their darkest times. We didn't want that hope to die."

"So what happens now?" Ezra asks.

(End of Rebel Resolve/Fire Across the Galaxy)

End of Wars Amongst the Stars Vol. 1

Well, we've reached the end of book one. Vol.2 should be out sometime around November, so keep an eye out. Thanks so much for reading, and feel free to send me any sort of fan-art you make, either on Wattpad, or to tumblr.com/blog/warsamongstthestar-keen. See you when Rebellion: Vol. 2 is out. Until then, May the Force be With You, always.