Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Aren't we headed the wrong way?" Ezra shouts at Kanan. He's on his speeder, along with Kanan, Keen, and Sabine, racing away from the site of their most recent victory. A trail of Imperials parading behind the group.

"Don't want to lead 'em back to the ship. Follow me."

Keen glances behind her, seeing the large amount of Imperials. "Man, all this for some stolen cargo? You'd think we'd killed Darth Vader's cat."

Ezra looks at her, confusion behind his eyes, "Darth Vader has a cat?"

"Um...as far as I'm aware, no."

The group of four race into Capital City. The Imperials split off into separate groups, shortly before entering the city. As soon as they speed into the town, the four split off.

Ar'iabel turns tightly down a side street, her boot scraping the wall. The Trooper following behind her takes the turn wider, shooting at the Jedi. She looks around in front of her, grabbing her blaster, she shoots a banner dangling above them, the fabric falling down, just as the Stormtrooper's speeder races underneath, knocking him from the bike.

She rounds the bend at the end of the alley, almost colliding with Sabine. The Mandalorian gestures to a small stone awning above their heads. Keen nods in understanding, giving Sabine a boost up, and then jumping up herself.

She finds Kanan and Ezra already up on the roof. The Knight nods down at the unconscious Troopers. "There's one more just around there," he whispers. She nods in understanding, just as the final Imp rounds the corner.

Ezra raises his Lightsaber, shooting a bolt of energy at the man, who promptly collapses, unconscious. "Told you that would work."

"You're finally getting the hang of this. There's hope for you yet," Sabine praises him, leaping to follow Kanan off the awning.

A goofy smile spreads across the boys face, and Keen places a hand on his shoulder, "It was pretty fragging smart, kid. Good work."

The Jedi leaps off the awning herself, Ezra right on her tail.

The team climb back aboard their bikes, heading for the Ghost. "Y'know," Ezra says, his bike keeping speed with Keen's, "You never did get the chance to tell me anything about your past. You know an awful lot about me, but I know next to nothing about you."

"Right, okay, a brief history. I'm 297 years old. I trained in the Jedi Temple for 281 years before it fell. My Master was Yoda, and my final Padawan was Qui-Gon Jinn. Um…I got no clue what planet I'm from, it's been so long, never really asked," she shrugs. "There, now you know stuff about me," she smiles at him, just as the foursome race into the Ghost.

As the Rebels enter the common area, they see Hera and Zeb watching the HoloNet. Gall Trayvis is talking about how he rejoined the Empire, and condemning the crew.

Zeb scoffs at the hologram, "Karabast. Shut it off."

"Still makes me sick to think that Trayvis is working for the Empire," the Twi'lek responds, hitting the switch to shut the table down.

"Every time we win, we lose," Ezra grumbles.

"Well, I have a plan that might just even the score," Kanan crosses his arms, "If Trayvis can do it, we can do it too."

"What, we're gonna send out some kind of inspirational type messages?" the Lasat wonders aloud.

"Exactly."

Keen pushes herself off the wall, which she is leaning against. "It isn't a bad plan, but, how are we gonna pull it off?"

"Um, yeah, I don't get it," Sabine adds.

"Yeah, Kanan. What are you thinking? We can't just send a signal. The Empire would track it in half a second."

"Not if the signal comes from one of its own towers."

"Yeah, one problem. Do you know how hard it'll be to break in? How many guards there'll be? Not to mention, alarms, cameras, droids," Ar'iabel states, lifting one finger with each descriptive word of the Empire's potential security.

Ezra points his finger at her, "What she said. You-You want to take control of an Imperial communications tower, which is pretty much impossible, and then you want to use it to send a message to the people of Lothal?"

"Not just Lothal. One of those big towers can reach a few systems."

"That is one fragging crazy plan."

Kanan looks at his crew, eyes meeting Keen's, "That's why you like it."

She tilts her head to the side slightly, smiling, "I mean, you're not wrong. Crazy is basically how I've always operated. Why change it up now?"

"And what would we say in this message?" Ezra questions his Master.

Kanan doesn't even have to consider what he'll say, "Something the Empire never says, the truth."

Chopper chitters happily in response.

"There's a lot of truth to tell, Kanan. You want to elaborate?" The Knight turns and glares at the Jedi Master. She can sense hope swelling in each rebel.

"We have to let people know what it's really like out here. Now, are you in?"

"Count me in," Ezra responds.

"Looks like you've roped me into another one of your crazy plans, Sandy."

He glances at the out of the corner of his eye, "You're just mad you didn't think of it."

"Kriff straight I am."

(Beginning of Call to Action)