Love is the Only Solution

Prompt (by WattpadFairytales): A beautiful however evil and arrogant princess has been cursed by way of a witch. Every night, she turns into a giant. To break the curse, she should locate a male/female to love her even after discovering that she turns into a giant at night...

In not more than 500 words, tell us your true love story on your journey to break the curse —living as a giant forever or finding true love?

Maybe love itself is being a giant. ❤

***

"Do you really think i'll set off on a journey to freaking impress someone? Ew, no. That's impossible! And disgusting." I made an attempt at intimidating her.

She laughed her wicked laugh. "You're interesting, i must say. But that's the whole point: you never get it."

"You are the naive one here."

"No, sweetheart," she scoffed. "Listen to me carefully. There's no way you can do this if you don't follow my instructions."

"Go away!" i shouted.

"Okay. But remember, love is the only solution."

***

I hate you! 

His voice kept ringing in my head. 

But why i cared was beyond my understanding.

Several days had passed since that nasty witch had casted the curse on me, and against my better judgment, i was starting to doubt my initial claims. I almost doubted the fact that i will never give in to her tempting instructions in order to lift the curse.

It was exhausting turning into a giant every night, even though i'd wanted to become one--and wreak havoc--and the witch was supposedly only helping me fulfill my wish. 

To hell with her so-called magic spell. It was actually a curse, and she was not a fairy. 

I cursed myself for being so stubborn so as to becoming tempted into her sweet promises.

Focus! i told myself.

I couldn't believe myself, but i was actually becoming convinced into making him love me; as per the witch's words: love is the only solution. I couldn't think of anyone else who i'd stand to have loved me. 

Even so, i had no idea how. I just knew i had to.

***

I listened to him hum his favorite tune, and i was surprised to feel a weird kind of glee.

"Leo?" He didn't respond. I continued, "Why do you hate me?"

"Because you're mean! So mean! Utterly mean!"

"Woah woah woah! Slow down a bit, will you?"

"Why would i--"

"I'll be nice." He stared at me, his eyes widened. "I mean it."

"Uh..." His face displayed pure disbelief.

"If i'm nice to you from now on, will you be my friend?"

"I don't believe you. Why would i?"

"Because..."

"That's it! This is some kind of a joke, isn't it?"

"I swear--"

"Okay, i believe you. I'll be your friend. But! The next time you behave--"

"I won't, i promise." I smiled, and extended my hand.

He reluctantly extended his and we shook.

***

"I am not a wicked witch. I'm a fairy--the fairy of love and friendship."

"I don't understand. Why'd you cast a curse on me?"

"To make you realize the importance of love and friendship. I know you don't wanna admit, but you actually adore Leo very much. I just wanted you to ponder and realize that you're not as cruel as you pretend to be, and you certainly don't hate Leo. If you did, why would it bother you so much when he said he hated you?"

"It's not--"

"Don't lie to yourself. Not after everything."

I didn't realize how much i loved him until this angel-like fairy woke me up.

Most importantly, she woke me up to the fact that love is not such a bad thing after all.