Bushra Meets Shehryaar [A Fanfic]

Bushra's POV:

Crossing NIPA Chawrangi, we reached the Imtiaz Super Market.

"What the heck is wrong with you, Bushra?" Adi Shanzah, my eldest sister, said.

"What?" i asked.

"Can't you do anything peacefully?"

"What exactly have i done?"

"Seriously?" she exclaimed.

"What are you both doing here? Shut your mouths and get inside. Don't you realize there are people around us?" Mom scolded as she approached us.

"Mom, she--" she started, but Mom cut her off.

"Shanzah, you are the older one here. At least show some maturity." Mom snapped at her, earning a weird look from her.

I smiled, completely having that.

***

While collecting groceries, i suddenly saw a glimpse of Shehry--Shehryaar Asif.

It's just an illusion--my mind's illusion. It's not true.

I shrugged and continued with what i was doing a second back.

We were almost done and i was just walking around with my trolley. We had separated the trolleys and everyone was collecting some personal goods for themselves.

I was lost in random thoughts, looking here and there, when i heard someone exclaim ouch! all of a sudden, and the trolley felt like it had bumped into something. Well, not something, it was someone.

I instantly looked up, realizing it was me who had hurt that someone. I was... I was blank. I couldn't believe the person in front of me.

Really?

My words were stuck in my throat, i couldn't even say sorry to him. Like... Can you believe when your favorite media inspiration is in front of you? Yeah, he--the best, Shehryaar Asif AKA Shehry--was standing right in front of me!

He was so much more handsome than you can ever imagine. Actually, you can't rightfully imagine him by merely seeing him on your phone screens.

I was dumbfounded.

Can you imagine how i must've looked, standing there with my mouth wide open, absolutely gawking? Okay, it sounds funny, but, hey, i was not in my right senses!

He clapped right in front of my face, dragging me out of my thoughts. It was then that i realized how weird i  would've possibly looked. I jerked myself out of it and tried not to look like a complete idiot.

Well, he have already seen me with that weird face. He must be thinking of me as a complete idiot.

Gosh, no.

"Hey, hey. Were you trying to provide refuge to the flies inside your mouth?" he said with a smirk. Wait, have i ever seen him smirking? On my mobile screen, of course? Maybe not, because it feels new.

"Whatever. Umm, i am sorry for bumping into you." I changed the topic to hide my embarrassment.

"It's okay."

"By the way, my name's Bushra. I am a huge, huge dhoomie," my inner dhoomie woke up all of a sudden and spoke up. "Can i pleeease have an autograph? And..."

"And?" He asked, as i trailed off.

"A selfie?" i asked, hesitantly.

"Yeah, sure!"

"Thank you so much!"

Just then, my family members came searching for me.

"Bushra! Let's go," Mom said.

Adi Simra, my elder sister--who isn't a fan of dhoombros--abruptly had an annoyed look on her face at seeing Shehryaar. And, Adi Shanzah--well, who, is a secret admirer, especially of Shehry--was shocked. She had a shocking look.

Okay, i can understand her. Maybe not completely, but...

"Mom, can you guys please gimme a few seconds? You go and wait for me in the car, please?" i pleaded.

"Why?" she asked.

"I will tell you after."

"Okay. But hurry up, or your father would be annoyed," she warned.

"Okay."

While they were retreating, i sensed Adi Shanzah's expressions. Maybe she wanted to stay.

"Adi!" I called her.

"Hmm?"

"Come back."

She did.

"Do you have a paper and a pen?" i asked.

"No, but i can give you the bill. I don't have a pen, though." 

"Oh, okay."

"I have one," Shehryaar said, hesitantly.

"Cool!" i exclaimed.

"Gimme the bill, Adi," I asked Adi Shanzah.

"Here." She took the bill out of her purse and handed it to me.

"Autograph, please?" i asked Shehryaar.

"Sure!" he replied with a smile so wide it could light up the City of Lights even more than it already was.

"Thanks!"

He gave me an autograph, signed with To Shehryaar's cute little fan.

"Thanks, again," i said.

"Thanks thunks na kareen (Don't say thanks thunks)!" he said, trying to be the Shehry i have known.

So sweet of him for his fans.

I laughed while both of them just smiled. Adi didn't have a genuine smile, though; it was a nervous one.

"Selfie?" i asked.

"Sure!" he said.

Adi had taken out her phone already. She'd assumed that i am gonna ask her for it. She handed it to me. I gave her a smile and she reflected back to me one of hers.

We clicked a bunch of selfies until i decided it was tangible enough for the experience.

"Thanks...," i exclaimed. "Oh, sorry."

He laughed, and so did i, while Adi just chuckled.

"Can you please say my name?" i asked much hesitantly.

"Why not, Bushra?" he said.

"OMG! Allah meri tauba! Tha..." And we laughed yet again as i trailed off.

I was so, so happy. It was a dream come true.

Just then, Hussain--Sain of DBNation--walked our way.

The Super Star.

"Autograph, please?" i asked, facing Hussain.

He frowned.

"Sain, she is a dhoomie," Shehryaar told him.

"I know!" he said, trying to hide his embarrassment. "Lemme give you an autograph!"

I handed the bill to him and Shehryaar gave him the pen.

"We gotta go now," i said after he was done.

Both the brothers nodded.

"Bye, guys."

"Bye! Take care," they said.

"You too," i said, as i began to walk away.

And we went back on the way to be scolded by dad.

But i didn't care. I was just thinking about the sudden meeting. The whole path to home, i was just thinking about them. I was not a resident of Karachi, i was just there to visit my relatives after the long span of a year or so.

Guess i got lucky!