"The Great Necklace"

Prompt (by WattpadFairytales): You're out shopping one day, when you see this pretty necklace at a boutique. Getting attached to it immediately, you get it.

Aftercoming back home, you decide to try it on. But as soon you'put it on, you realize it burns on your skin - badly. You start screaming, but a second later you realize something else - you can't hear yourself scream. It does not take youlong to understand that you've lost your voice.

In not more than 300 words, tell us of your experience after, and if you decide to go on a quest to find your voice. Or do you simply find it to be a weird side-effect of wearing the necklace? Or maybe, there's something in that boutique? Tell us all about it all in your shorties!

***

It took me a moment to realize what was happening to me; and when i did, i immediately freaked out.

There were no words that could express exactly how i was feeling.

I tried to take down that damned necklace, but it was clinging to my neck and wouldn't budge. It was almost digging into my skin and i felt certain i'd choke to death.

Giving up, i plopped down on my bed and closed my eyes in prayer. It wasn't long before my mind started running, looking through potential solutions, and landed upon a hopeful idea.

I snapped up from the bed and got on my feet, determined but afraid, and set upon the tiring quest to find my voice. I couldn't, and wouldn't, give up on my voice.

I tentatively picked up the box of the wicked jewelry piece and, praying, opened it for any instructions.

Thankfully, i found a piece of paper stuck to the bottom. I picked it up and held it up to read.

"Dear possessor of the Great Necklace,

"This necklace was originally made by me, the Great Witch of the Witchland, for the sacred purposes of slaying the Queen and overcoming the Fairyland, but due to some errors in its alchemy, it only made the Queen dumb, exposing us and causing our plan to backfire.

"The necklace was later thrown away, because its effect only lasted twenty-four hours, after which it loosened its grip and fell from her neck.

"I decided to throw it away, attaching this letter to it, because it was useless to me now.

"Department of Witchcraft, University of Witchland."

I instantly knew what to do with it. I damaged the necklace along with the letter, throwing it away, hoping it never gets to anyone else.

I was relieved.