Mohsin Ghani

A girl with silent thoughts, that's who i was.

Did i like how i was always silent about my feelings?

Of course not. Not a bit.

But i guess life had to take a turn and bless me with this hazel-eyed angelic face. 

Mohsin Ghani.

"Oh, the handsom-est wife on this whole planet! What's cooking?" His humor was always on point, and i was always mesmerized by how perfectly he used his words to make me grin with all the life of me. 

Or maybe it was just me? Most certainly.

"Umm. Oh, the beautiful-est husband in this whole universe! Why are you so absent-minded?" i replied, grinning.

"Oh, let me cry for an eternity. My dear wife just insulted me in the cutest way possible." It's getting too much now.

"Okay, i know you aren't absent-minded, but, by any chance, do you remember anything?" Giving him a challenging look, i made sure not to give myself away to see if he remembered anything at all.

"No. Is there something special for me to have to remember?" he asked with a serious look, his hazel orbs looking trapped inside his deep eyes. His hazel eyes communicated with my black ones, looking straight into them and signaling my brain that they indicated an expression called confusion.

Confusion.

"Oh, it's nothing," i lied.

"What are you talking about?" Oh wow. First of all, you forgot something i was so excited about. Second of all, i'm trying to remind you very politely and you still seem to have no clue. Third of all, you seem irritated. But, okay, maybe you were so busy out there at work that now when you're home, you don't remember anything. I'm not upset, i was just looking forward to this day so much.

"I was just saying you are tired, and i haven't even prepared dinner yet. I'm sorry, let me just do it right away..." I gave him a faint smile. Right. What did i say about a girl with silent thoughts?

As i was turning away, he held me by my wrist and turned me back towards himself, making my eyes go wide at the unexpected "attack" as my other hand landed on his chest. 

Does he remember?

"Sara, what's wrong?" His deep orbs pierced right through my eyes inside my soul making me shudder. I shifted my gaze downwards. "Hey." He put his two fingers under my chin, lifting my face up and causing my orbs to look straight into his own, "You know your eyes show your soul, right? At least you can't lie to me."

"I--"

He interrupted me and said, "Let's go out to eat. You don't have to cook."

"Okay, let me change." I shifted my gaze away and turned towards my wardrobe.

***

As we stopped in front of this luxury five-star Pakistani restaurant, i knew he had never forgotten anything. It was where he had promised to take me with a special table booked for the two of us. A candle light dinner, it was.

"How was it?" he said with a wink.

"Horrible."

"I'm sorry, i won't apologize. Let's just go in?"

I smiled. "You're so bad."

"I know you still don't hate me."

My smile turned brighter and he returned the gesture.