I Miss You

A wave of shiver runs down my spine as i stand in the cold outside, taking occasional glances at the moon as i slowly try to take a walk. I know it's stupid, but i've missed this.

I've missed loving the moon so much i wouldn't care how cold it is and i wouldn't care even if i know i'd catch a cold soon after.

Except this is different. I can't explain how, but i know it is.

My mind finally finds its way back to the previous year when i had told him i was staying the night in the lounge.

“Go back inside your room!” he had said over a text.

“It's Eid tomorrow, cousins are here; wouldn't let the lights off, wouldn't let me sleep,” i replied, and to be honest, i didn't mind sleeping outside.

“Tell them you're the eldest among them, to obey you or else...”

“Or else?”

“Or else, you'll let me deal with them.” That molded my lips into a stupid smile.

“Haha, very funny.”

“Seriously, Zumar. Go back in. Scold them, do whatever, just don't stay there.”

“Relax, it's not even that cold here.”

“I don't care. Tell me you're going or what?”

“Okay, relax. I'll go in after a while.”

And i tried--they wouldn't let the lights off and i could never sleep with the lights on--but i was so sleepy, and it wasn't even many hours before everyone had to wake up, therefore i'd slept there.

Remembering the memory vaguely, i shift my focus back to the moment. Another cold shiver and i'm starting to get afraid of catching a cold; and it's there, again.

Me telling him i'm out here in the cold weather and it's getting colder, and him telling me to go inside. Again. Multiple times.

It hurts me like a cold knife in the center of my heart to realize that he isn't there, for me to tell him it's so cold outside, and for him to tell me to go back in.

I'm a freak, so i stay outside until i actually start vomiting out of the cold and my eyes get watery.

And now i've to go back in.