My Imagination Ran Wild

"What are you thinking?" he whispered near my ear while i was staring at the woods set on fire--bonfire--in front of us, my head on his shoulder.

"I was thinking about the nature behind this fire. The science behind it, to be exact," i replied.

"I wonder," he said, apparently going into deep thought.

"Me too. These flames--how artistic they look. Like, i can't describe what i see in them. I just know it's something extraordinary. Like the stars in the sky, and the moon. And the sunset that was right in front of us just minutes ago. And like you say; you like sunrise more than the sunset. Like you made me realize how stars are magically beautiful. Like, how, now, i love stars more than the moon. It's all magical." I paused, feeling his eyes on me. "What are you looking at?"

"It's all magical," he whispered, still looking at me.

"Hey! Are you trying to imitate me?" I looked at him with a ghost of a mischievous smile playing on my lips.

"I wouldn't dare." He reflected a similar smile on his face, making a giggle to skip through me.

"Aleena... It's all magical. For real," he said, magic in his voice. This man made me fall for him every day, all over again.

"What is?" i asked, faking innocence.

"Everything."

I looked at him with a question mark on my face.

"Everything is magical when you're around. You make me feel magic all around me. You make me see this magic in everything. The sunset didn't mean so much to me before i met you, and the moon--even the sharp sun at the middle of the day--you see the magic in everything; even in fire and its flames. You are magic, lady. And you are my lady."

"Oh, Fakhar. God, you. Let me confess something, too. You are what makes me see this new kind of magic in everything if i'm being honest. Before you, i didn't even know this kind of magic existed. This is another kind of magic that i've been introduced to when i met you. This kind of magic is something else. This is you. I see the magic in you. Your deep beautiful voice, your deep black eyes, your deep thoughts, your presence, your deep warmth, your beautiful soul. You are magic actually. And you're telling me you see the magic in me? You give me this feeling of magic and because of you, i feel so special and magical."

"You describe everything so well. You just voiced my feelings. Everything is so mutual." He paused as if waiting for something.

"I love you," i finally broke the ice.

"I can't even tell you how much i love you. Thank you for everything, love." He had a trace of water in his eyes, i could see it when he lowered his eyes to hide it and let it fade.

I hugged him so tight, and silence followed us for the rest of the night as we let the fire out and finally drifted into sleep, knowing we were one of those few people who get so lucky in life to have someone so magical beside them, to have this magical kind of love.

***

As i opened my eyes, i was laying down under the sky, alone. Was this all an imagination?

Yes. My imagination ran wild. For the first time in my life, my imagination ran wild, and i was laying down there astonished. I got up instantly in the fear that i'll die of nostalgia and the dreams of the future and ran over to my warm blankets and under my warm bed. I couldn't stare at the stars anymore.