Dad, I Love You

"Dad, i love you." She was crying hysterically, hugging him.

"I know; but you, my child, have no idea how much i love you. If, God forbids, something hurts you, it hurts me even more. You have no idea how much more it hurts me. You, my munchkin, have no idea of the world outside. I stay outside for the longest time, i interact with people of the outside; i  know the things you have no idea about. We are your parents, and we want nothing but the best for you. And like every parent, i want my kids to be good, the best. My child, this world is so cruel, and you're so innocent. I don't want you in any trouble." He had finally calmed down and tried to make her understand softly.

"Okay, dad. Okay, i'll do what you want me to do. I'll finish it. Okay." She knew she couldn't, but her father was worth more than anything and anyone in this world--in her world.

"Okay? Shaabaash (good), munchkin! You know i only want the best for you..."

"But..." Reluctantly and gingerly, she tried. "But give it at least one chance?"

"What do you mean?" His accent gave off a trace of rage.

"Just..." She tried again. "Nothing. I'll just finish everything." She put on a mask of a smile through teary eyes.

She hugged him again, still crying when he separated her from himself and said, "Now, be okay. Stop crying," and wiped her tears.

She just nodded.

The thought of choosing between two people she loved was so much to bear but not more than she could handle since she always proved to be so brave and strong.

At least she tried.

She chose who her God had commanded her to follow in this world after Himself, and whose disobedience wasn't liked by God itself. She chose her father. She loved him more than she even loved her mother.

Indeed, he was her soulmate, but her father was the love of her life and her first love. He was more than anything in this world for her. He was her complete universe in one person. Her father was an angel from the Above guided to protect her. She had to protect this love.

But sometimes, somewhere she didn't do justice with this love.

She couldn't even go a day without her soulmate, she knew this, but there was a kind of lightness. A feeling of ease, like a sword constantly hanging above her head was finally taken away.

She couldn't stop her heart from loving him, but now she had another responsibility; a responsibility bigger than the love of her soulmate.