chapter 8

Party rockers in the house tonight

At dinner, I ate fast so I could get ready for the party with time to spare

At dinner, I ate fast so I could get ready for the party with time to spare. I quickly raced up to my dorm. I had to get a nice outfit on. Olivia notices my pace and is quickly concerned.

"Vera what's going on?" I mumble something as I'm deep inside my closet. "What was that?" She asks again. I turn to face her.

"Edmund invited me to a Ravenclaw party tonight and I feel stupid because I don't know what to wear." I say shyly. I always prided myself on not caring about what I wear or what I look like, but I just wanted to look good tonight. Olivia squeals like a child.

"I'm so happy V! Your first party alone with Edmund! He's quite cute isn't he?" I smile at her words.

"I'm actually excited but, I'm not sure what to wear." I say looking back at my clothes. Olivia pulls me back and goes into my closet, picking out a bunch of different things. I sit down on my bed as she shuffles through my clothes.

"Ok, what look are you going for?" I stare at her blankly and she rolls her eyes, "Like what vibe do you want to give off when you wear this outfit. Vibe? What? I shrug my shoulders innocently. She picks up a outfit I can't quite see. "This is the one."

"Uh Livvy, turn around I can't see." She apologizes as she flips it around. In her hands she's holding white 'Rolling Stones' shirt with a black leather pencil skirt with a small slit. She orders me to go change and I do.

I walk out of the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. This is cute. It was simple yet made me look pretty, especially with the shirt tucked in.

"Ok, now time for the hair." I don't have anytime to protest before she yanks my head into the nearby chair. I sit there pouting like a baby while she pulls at my head in an attempt to do a bun.

"So how'd it go with Sirius?" I ask as she pulls my hair.

"Oh it went ok, he kept getting distracting the whole time and kept asking where you were." Me? What the fuck is wrong with this guy.

"Sorry about that, he's an idiot if you ask me." She laughs.

"Yea, Remus has been comforting about it though. He doesn't outright know I like him, but it's obvious he can tell." I throw her a sympathetic smile.

"Sorry Liv. Maybe it's just not in the cards? Universe is cruel like that."

"Yea, maybe." She says sadly. She throws the last pin in my hair and guides me to a mirror. I look at myself. Olivia has swiped some lips gloss on my lips and mascara on my eyelashes. I look at myself. I'm so used to having my hair down and not wearing any makeup, so this was a change.

"My masterpiece." She says proudly. I roll my eyes.

"I should probably get going, I have to meet him outside the common room."