chapter 32

I have to confess something

"Hey mom, hey Steve." I sitting down at the dinner table. It was two days after we had gone down to Seattle, and Fosters friends, excluding Gavin of course, had left.

"Hey Vera, hello Remus." My mom says waving at the boy behind me.

"Hello Mr and Mrs. Reynolds." So polite.

"Oh Remus," my mom gushes, "please, call me Ivy. Makes me feel young again." She says wiping a fake tear. Foster and I chuckle a little remember how my mom is still pretty young.

"You are young my dear." Steve says kissing her forehead.

"Yes yes, it's just nice when the youth acknowledges it." She says smiling at all four of us.

We all sit there, passing certain dishes to anyone who wants it. I've always loved just quiet family dinners where we just soak in each other's presences.

"What are you guys going to do for the rest of the night?" My mom asks. We all turn and look at each other and shrug.

"Not sure." I say.

"You should do something, Remus is leaving soon." My mom said with a sad face. My mom utterly adores Remus. He the friend the parents just loved.

"Why don't we watch an outdoor movie? We still have that no-maj projector." Foster says with a smile. Gavin and him start agreeing with each other and Remus leans in to ask me.

"What's a no-maj again?"

"Non-magic person, basically our muggle." I say reassuringly.

"That sounds fun, want me to help you put up the sheet?" Steve asks. We all nod yes remembering the last time Foster and I tried to put it up ourselves. Bad times.

"SNACKS!" Gavin shouts as we all excitedly move our arms into the air. My mom chuckles as she gets up and takes her plate into the kitchen.

"Yes yes, take all the snack you want. But not puking and brush your teeth." She says as she comes up behind Foster and Gavin and gives them both big hug.

"Should we wait until it's dark?" Foster asks. We all nod our heads in agreement as we get up to clean off our plates.

"I'll come get you when it gets dark so we can get ready." Foster says with a smile as we both part ways.

Remus and I head up back to my room and sit ourselves down.

"Why are you leaving me Rem!" I shout dramatically. He simply just laughs at me.

"Vera, I'll see you when we all go to Diagonal Alley." He adds reassuringly. To avoid any suspicion, I asked Euphemia and Fleamont is I could just shop on my own. I was more than capable of finding everything I needed.