chapter 62

Moonykins

"James, Vera and Sirius! Someone's here!"

"Ou Moonykins? Is that you?"

"Where's our little furry friend?!"

"God, shut it you two."

"Go get the door then Prongs."

"Why me?"

"It's your house!" Sirius and I cry out at the same time.

"Oh yea," he says with a chuckle, "right." He quickly dashes out the room and presumably down the stairs.

"He is an oddball." Sirius remarks.

"He sure is." I say with a chuckle. It was the morning of New year's eve and a few people were set to come over.

"You excited?" He asks me.

"I'm ecstatic." I state sarcastically. He rolls his eyes as he lets out an annoyed groan.

"Come on kitten it will be fun!" He cries.

"Every party that one of the marauders hosts, usually ends up shitty so, excuse me for having some reservations." I say as I cross my arms and turn away from him.

He was currently laying down in his bed as James and I were just catching up with him. It had been a couple days but he was drained physically but mostly emotionally.

Sirius had officially moved in. He protested to Euphemia that he didn't want to be trouble, but Fleamont and Euphemia instead.

"Hey," he says as he moves me so I faced him better, "it will be fun. I promise." He says.

"Cross your heart and hope to die?" I ask.

"Cross my heart and hope to die." He says as he makes an 'x' motion over his chest. It was such a childish sentiment but it made my cheeks warm in pure happiness.

"You're so stupid." I say as with a grin as I push his face down gently.

"You love it, don't deny it." He says with a cheesy smile.

A loud cheer emitted down the stairs, like happy cheering. It shocked me slightly as I moved slightly in the direction of the closed door.

"Is Moony here?" Sirius teasingly called loud enough it was probably audibly heard from wherever James and Remus were at.

The door burst open as both Sirius and my attentions were diverted that way.

"Hey gang." Remus say as he dramatically drops his suitcase and saunters over to the bed.

"Remus!" I cried as I went to hug him.

"Hey V." He says. I leapt up into his tall arms as I gripped myself around his neck.