chapter 27

Damages was irreparable

I woke up the next morning feeling like total shit

I woke up the next morning feeling like total shit. My eyes were raw from the tears that once fell, my neck felt sore and it was still hard to breath.

I had one more day. One day that I had to hide what I felt and what happened and then I would be free.

I got up slowly and made my way to the bathroom. Olivia wasn't in her bed, so I assumed she was back at the Gryffindor dorms.

I looked at myself in the mirror. A large bruise in the shape of a hand mark had been placed across my neck and a red spot on my face, from the hard slap.

I dipped my face under the cold water of the sink and just looked at myself for a second. I could fake sick and have my parents come early, but this was my last day. I wanted to try and make it good.

I quickly placed a glamour charm over my bruises and continued to get ready. I send myself one look in the mirror before I go, forcing a smile as I walked to the great hall.

I sat myself down amongst my hung over friends.

"Jesus you look terrible." I say pushing Olivia's hair back to see her sick face. She lets out a mumbled groan as she slams her head on to the table.

"Where were you last night?" Nico asks me with a yawn.

"Yea we had to get the message from some weird little kid." Peter adds.

"Sorry, I felt sick and walked back to my dorm." I say quietly. I didn't want to tell them because I knew a war would start and this wasn't their problem, it was mine.

I wished I got the chance to thank Regulus. He saved me, regardless if he offended me and all my friends. I knew malicious intent when I saw it, he didn't have any. He was there to help me.

A very chipper Sirius walks into the great hall and sits himself in front of me. I had right side of the bench, my eyes glued to the Slytherin table. I was looking for Rosier and Goyle, I wanted to beat them into the ground for the way they made me feel.

"Oi Vera, where were you last night? You didn't get a drink." Sirius asks shoveling food into his mouth. I roll my eyes at his disgusting display.

"Like I said, wasn't feeling good. I just went to bed early." Sirius lets out a loud 'booo' sound.

"You bore." He says turning to his side to talk to James.

I heard loud footsteps walk into the hall. Two beaten up boys walk in. If I hadn't been face to face with them mere hours before, I wouldn't be able to tell who they were.

"What the hall happened to those two?" Remus asks. Only one person knew about what happened, Regulus.

I shoot my attention to the Slytherin Prince. His eyes were trained on me as I mouth a simple 'thank you.' He nods his head at me and turns his attention to someone else.