chapter 12

Best wishes to the birthday boy

(Please read AN down below)

After the incident at the party, it was all anyone was talking about. Everyone had there own speculations like 'oh she taunted him' or 'she just punched out of nowhere.' Most of these claims, painted Sirius and out to be the bad guys. Everywhere I walked, there were whispers about me I could just barely make out. I was never much in the gossip scene, since I usually kept to myself.

Sirius on the other hand, ate up the attention. It got even more girls to notice his 'lovable charm' which was indeed needed for his 15th birthday coming up very soon. Every year, the boys throw a party usually amongst themselves and a few others but this year, they decided to throw a inter-house party in the Gryffindor common room, which is a recipe for disaster.

Lately, Olivia and Remus have been getting closer. Ever since that night, it's like he's been attached to her hip. Following her after classes to read, helping her study or just being a friendly face to her. I really do appreciate the things he has been doing for her. Remus has always been very kind and caring about his friends.

Lily, Remus and I all currently sat in muggle studies, just listening to a lecture.

"Hey Vera, are you going to Sirius' party this year?" Last year, I gave him a quick gift but didn't stay around for the party.

"Oh um, I'm not sure. It's an inter-house right?" I ask.

"Yea well, it's not totally inter-house. It's mostly Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and basically zero Slytherins." He says with a chuckle. I roll my eyes and both Lily and I smack his arms.

"You need to stop being so prejudice against Slytherins and then wonder why they hate every other house Remus." I say looking at him very sternly. The boys have always had a hatred for Slytherins which I've never understood. I admired the good Slytherins for their traits.

"I'll stop being prejudice when they stop becoming baby death eaters." He says with a laugh. Lily whacks his chest again.

"Watch your mouth Remus, Severus is a Slytherin and he's better than you sometimes." He raises his arms defensively and quiets back down for the rest of the lesson.

The lecture is finally over, and we all get up to leave. Remus motions for Lily to move ahead while we both stay behind to talk.

"Rem what's up?" I say as he ducks us back into a corridor.

"I just wanted to say that, you should go to Sirius' party tomorrow, it would mean a lot to have all his friends there including you." He says poking my shoulder. I laugh off his gesture and we start to walk to the next class and my mind was spinning. Did Sirius deliberately want me there? Had he asked for me? No. He couldn't have. It wouldn't make any sense if he did. But I guess we were on civil terms as of right now, so he may just want his friends like Remus said.