chapter 28

Quitting time

My parents took my back to my house

My parents took my back to my house. We didn't have to be at the school until tomorrow, so I got to sleep in my comfy bed.

The beds at Hogwarts honestly weren't that comfortable, they were just average.

I crawl into my bed, feeling so good about not being at the school. I didn't have to face my friends, Goyle or Rosier.

"Hey kid." I hear a small knock on my door as steve enters. Steve was the closet thing to a father figure I ever had. Him and my mom started dating when I was two and got married when I was four.

"Hey Steve." I never called him dad because it just felt awkward. He wasn't my father, mine was an ocean across from me.

"You settling in ok?" He asks sitting on my bed.

"Yea I'm good. I can't wait to see Foster." I say excitedly. I missed seeing Foster. I always went to him for advice. I was torn on whether or not to tell him about Goyle and Rosier. I knew if I asked him he wouldn't do anything about it but, he would on my ass seeing if I was always ok.

"Yea, me too. The ceremonies early so, we'll have to wake up and apparate there early." He says with a smile. I let out a loud groan and flop down onto my pillows.

"I had to wake up early for school and now this!" I protest.

"Hey, tomorrow is technically a school day for you. At least now you can be in your own room and back at home." He says with a smile, rubbing my arm softly. I suppress down a shudder as he does.

He gets up from my bed and starts outside the door.

"It's good to have you home kid." He says with a smile.

"It's good to be home." He steps out the door and quickly shuts it. I belly flop on my bed and turn my record player on quickly.

I just felt this really melancholy feeling. I wanted so bad to just push down all of what I felt and forgot about it, but it was so hard. It was so hard to get rid of that nagging feeling at me.

I turned the music up louder and louder, trying to drown out my thoughts.

I laid myself down on my pillow, staring into space. I wonder what my friends are doing right about now. I wished that I could see them and maybe they could distract me right now.

I decided to just try to get some sleep. After all, I did have a early morning.

I woke up in the early morning to hear a blender in my ear. I jolt up to see my mom holding a blender that was plugged into my wall, right by my face.

"Hi honey! Morning smoothie!" She shouts pouring the contents into a cup. I raise my glass at her as I take sip. I missed her smoothies, a lot.

"When are we leaving?" I ask sleepily.