chapter 22

One of us

Suddenly, in the peace of my slumber, I was awoken by the sounds of yelling

"SIRIUS I TOLD, SHE IS MY SISTER!"

"OI FUCK OFF, IT WASN'T LIKE THAT I WAS HELPING HER AFTER SHE GOT SCARED JESUS JAMES!"

"Yea but you can never be like that with any girl can it Sirius?" And in the moment, Sirius lunged for James as I stood up and grabbed my wand.

"INCARCAROUS." I shout at Sirius. His arms immediately are restrained forcing him not to hit James.

"Vera, I didn't know you where awake." James adds. I hop off my bed.

"It's kind of hard to sleep when two boys are screaming in your room." I say with a smile but James isn't amused. "You two." I say pointing between the two of them. "Need to chill out. James, he was being nice. I was scared and he was helping me. I would never do that with him." I say rubbing his shoulder sympathetically. He shoots me a smile.

"You are the most amazing sister ever." He says giving me a hug.

"Half James, half-sister." I correct him. He pulls me away from his embrace.

"Same thing, one extra word." He says with a smile. I roll my eyes at him.

"Uh hate to break up the love fest but, I'm kinda tied up here." He says moving his arms up so I can see. I mutter the counter curse and his arms are free.

"Thank the Gods." He says rubbing his wrists. I laugh at him and he smiles back at me. "James can I talk to Vera for a minute?" He asks. James smiles at nods but doesn't move. "Like alone?" James' smiles falters.

"Sirius, what did we literally just fight about?" He asks sassily.

"James! We've been over this. I'm not going to 'pull any moves with your sister' like you keep saying I'm gonna do. I just want to talk to her." He says with air quotes. James gives him a stern look.

"If Vera gets pregnant because of you, I'm gonna to put your dick in a meat grinder." He says threateningly with his finger pointing in his face. Sirius moved his finger out of his face and pushed him to the door.

"James don't worry about it." He says as he pushes him outside the door, "I'll try my best to pull out." He says before slamming the door on his face and quickly locking it before turning to me with a stupid smile on your face.

"Don't smile at me, James is going to perform that pregnancy spell every time he sees me now no thanks to you." I say angrily, sitting myself down. He places himself down next to me. "What do you want?" I ask annoyed. He was being odd.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Talk about it? What?

"Talk about what?" I ask. Did I do something? Did I say something? Oh god, what happened. He looks at me surprised.