chapter 55

Hurt pride

"Let's get drinking!" Holland Wood shouted as he stood atop a table in the Gryffindor common room

"Let's get drinking!" Holland Wood shouted as he stood atop a table in the Gryffindor common room. Everyone erupted in a loud cry of excitement as drinks were passed around.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Lily asks me.

"No, I'm good." I respond with a smile.

"Wanna dance then?" She asks me challengingly.

"Lead the way." I say as she grabs my hand and pulls me towards the make shift dance floor. A disco ball helped fill the room with a patterned lighting arrangement as the atmosphere enlighten everyone.

"Hey Alice!" She called as she noticed Alice dancing with her boyfriend, Frank Longbottom.

"Hey Lils, hey Vera!" She yells out as she waves at the both of us excitedly. "This is so great! I love it when Gryffindor wins." It wasn't even half way into the night and she was already drunk, I'm just glad she has Frank to watch out for her.

"Yea, it is." Lily says as she looks at me laughing at the giddy girl.

"Oh look! Remus and Olivia." She says pointing off into the distance. There stood Olivia and Remus, holding hands as they pushed their arms back and forth to the rhythm.

A smile formed over Olivia's happy face as Remus returned it back. My heart swelled with happiness seeing my two lonelier friends find happy company amongst them.

"Let's get moving!" Lily said as she bumped my hip hard. I laughed as she wildly moved her body to the music as her ginger hair whipped around her face.

We danced together for what felt like forever. My skin might have glimmered like a chandelier with sweat as the disco ball shined over it and my hair flipped wildly back and forth in a crazy motion.

"Guys, gals and non-binary pals!" James announces as he stands atop a table. Everyone's attention diverts to him as he, oddly enough, soberly stood there.

"I just want to thank everyone who came to celebrate the first win of the Gryffindor Quidditch season!" He cried as everyone erupted in happy cheers. "Sorry to all my Ravenclaw pals, you fought well. Just not enough." He says with a laugh. "Now, keep on partying!" He yelled as the music turned up and everyone continued.

"You liked my speech?" James asks us, arms out to exemplify his pride.

"Wasn't a speech Jamesie, more like a boast." I said with a smug smile. His smile faltered as he sneered at me.

"It wasn't a boast, I still credited the people I defeated."

"Ravenclaws." Lily corrects him.

"Whatever you say my Lily flower." He says with a lustful smile as she rolled her eyes.