chapter 61

Hurt

*TW* violence and injury viewer discretion is advised

"Oh my, Sirius darling." Euphemia calls as she dashed away from Fleamont and down onto the floor.

Less than 30 seconds ago, Sirius fell onto the floor out from the fireplace meaning he presumably traveled by floo powder. His whole body was covered in large cut marks that were actively bleeding along with bruises scattered in various place. His clothes were tattered and he was groaning in pain.

He looked awful.

"Sirius!" I shouted as I fell down on the floor next to him. My body filled with panic as he rolled around aimlessly trying to ease his discomfort.

"Fleamont! Go get my medical kit and my wand." She cries out as Fleamont dashes quickly into the kitchen.

James quickly stuffs a nearby pillow underneath him to provide as much comfort as possible.

"Sirius, what happened?" I asked in a rush. He groaned out as I push his scraggly hair out of his face. I examine the few small cuts on his face and the extreme darkness below his eyes.

He looks like he's been tortured.

"I'm here!" Fleamont calls as he sets down Euphemias large kit and her wand down on the floor.

"Go get wet rags too." She asks him one last time. He doesn't move and instead stands there frozen staring at the boy. "Now!" Euphemia calls in an urgent tone. He snaps out of it and rushes back into the kitchen.

"Oh bloody hell Pads." James says as he anxiously runs his hands through his messy hair and paces slightly back and forth.

"Sirius honey?" Euphemia asks him. He shoots up as best as he can to look at her.

"Yea?" He asks her as best as he can.

"This is going to hurt a little bit but I need to stop the bleeding on your stomach." I hadn't even noticed how soaked his shirt must of been since it had been black.

There was the largest cut all the way down his chest that would not stop bleeding to its expansive size.

"That's fine." He says as he lays back down. She grabs her wand and shuffles around in her kit.

I noticed Sirius clutching the carpet beneath him so hard his knuckles were turning white. His other hand had been occupied by James' hand as well. I didn't hesitate to take mine into his.

He looked up at me through his pained eyes as I squeezed his hand a little to let him know, I'm here.

I will always be here for you Sirius Black.

'It's going to be ok.' I mouth at him. His eyes were streaming streams at the sheer pain of it all. The source of all this was still unknown, but it was not done by himself.