chapter 46

I'll protect you

  *Violence and violent talk viewer discretion is advised*

"Oi Vera, Elton's here." James says motioning to the incoming owl. I see Elton swoop down and drop down next to me, holding a bundle of letters.

"Oh cool." I say instinctively scratching his head while filing through the different envelopes. I saw familiar seals from my parents, Foster and the familiar seal of Micah. My heart skipped a small beat as I put the others down.

"Whose that?" Olivia asks. I give her a blank look as I open the envelope.

Dear Vera,
Wow, it's already been two months since both of our schools have started. I hope you are well at Hogwarts was it? Odd name, no offense. I got my film developed not to long ago and I found some photos of us and you and your friend Remus. Please tell him I say hello, he was quite a charming fellow. I hope to see you again soon.

Love,
Micah

I put the letter down and looked deeper into the envelope. There was the photos of all of us in Seattle. Remus and I. Foster, Gavin and I. A group photo and then the final one. It was a picture of me mid laugh standing arm and arm with Micah. My heart warmed at it. It was such a minor moment but in this image, it was significant.

"Whose Micah?" I hear Lily ask. I whip my head around to see Olivia and Lily perched on the corner of the bench reading the letter.

"Sod off." I whisper quietly as I angrily grab the letter out of her clutches.

"Yea who is Micah?" I hear Peter ask. It catches the attention of James, Sirius and Remus. I look at Remus for help but all he provides is a shrug.

Lily snatches the photos from my hands and inspects them.

"Woah, who are they?" She says showing Olivia the photo.

"Hot damn Vera, why are you skipping out on us?"

"Hey!" Remus shouts.

"Sorry, you are extremely hot Remmykins." Olivia says, lighting pinching his cheeks. He pushes her hand back in a fuss.

"Yea, I know I am." He says angrily.

"Whose Micah?" Sirius asks. His expression was something between confused and angry.

"A friend, doesn't matter."

"It might have to matter because holy moly Vera. It this him?" Lily asks pointing to Micah on the photo.

"Yea and that's his step-brother Grayson." I whisper to the both of them.