chapter 42

Hurt feelings

I woke up the next morning, sleeping alone in a random bed?

"What the hell." I whisper as I slowly to get up to be aware of my surroundings.

I saw a red head sleeping in the bed next to me, a brunette and a sandy blonde wrapped together and a mess of curly hair sleeping alone.

"Morning Puff." I here someone say. I see Sirius standing in front of me, holding a cup of something.

"What is this?" I ask him inspecting the cup.

"Just drink it, it's not poison." He adds.

"Could be." I say before downing the whole thing. It was sweet and tasted oddly of mint. "What is this?" I ask again.

"It's a stimulant, wakes you up." He says, moving his hands in a circular motion.

"They need that more than me." I say motioning to the drunken kids beside me. I was the only one who, not surprisingly, didn't get black out drunk like the rest of them.

"Look at James." Sirius says with a hearty laugh. James was sprawled out on his bed, drool dribbling out of his mouth.

"That's gross." I say before getting up and moving around the room.

"You should be the one to wake up Lily." He says motioning to the mess of red hair lazily splayed on the bed before me.

"She's going to be pissed." I say recounting the previous night or more specifically, her actions.

"I know. But, she hates missing class." He says with a smile. I roll my eyes at him as I make my way over to her.

"Lils, come on wake up." I whisper in her ear. She groans at me as I shake her lightly. "Come on, wake up." Nothing. In a small fit of anger, I quickly cast a muffling charm over the dorm as I scream very loudly in Lily's ear.

"Merlin Vera! Did you have to do that?" She asks me. I chuckle out a little laugh as Sirius hands her the cup.

"We have class today Evans." Sirius says. Lily lets out a loud groan as she lets her head fall back into the pillow.

"Where am I?" She asks looking around the dorm. Sirius and I look at each other with nervous glances.

"Well um," I start. I look to Sirius for help but, nothing. "You're kind of in James' dorm, in his bed." I say with a laugh. If I thought my scream was loud, boy did Lily's beat mine.

Everyone else stumbled awake, Peter even hit his head on the nightstand he was sleeping by.

"Lily it's not a big deal. James gave you his bed after you blacked." I said as she got up and stood right next to the bed.

"Is that all I did?" She asks with a worried face. We all freeze and look amongst ourselves. She freezes at our worried looks. "What did I do?" She asks again. I push James forward, as if telling him he needs to tell her. He pushes me even closer to Lily as the group backs away from me.