chapter 20

James and his band of brothers

About a week later, I was peacefully sitting in my dorm until my door quickly swung open

"VERA! We need your help." James begged. Behind him stood the whole gang, Remus, Peter and Sirius. It was early morning, so I sat there in my pajamas.

"How did you even get here?" I ask. They would have had to be levitated up the stairs, and no other girl to help them.

"We know how to disarm the stairs but that's not the reason we're here." He says. I stand up from my bed making my way to the bathroom as he yells out.

"What's wrong?" I ask turning around. He had covered his and Peters eyes.

"What are you wearing?!" He shouts. I look down at my clothing. I was simply wearing a tank top and shorts. I liked to cover myself in a ton of blankets when I slept, so tank top and shorts were what accommodated to that.

"James, it's clothing grow up." I say walking over to the bathroom. Just before I shut the door, James holds it open.

"Wait hold on." I slam the door shut and lock it. I sink down to my knees. Whenever the boys needed me for something, it was never good.

I finish up and unlock to door to see the boys taking habitants on my bed. I scowl at them as they are fiddling with my guitar.

"What do you think your doing?" I ask. They all smartly jump up and set the guitar back in the stand. I set myself down in my bed sitting crossed legged. "What can I do for you boys?" I ask. Sirius rolls his eyes.

"It's men not boys." He says annoyed. I laugh at him.

"Yea, stop acting like children and then call me." I say. I hear Remus and Peter snort as Sirius hits them in the chest.

"Ok anyways, we need your help." James continues.

"With?" I ask. They all look amongst themselves.

"We have a prank planned and we need your charms skills." It was no secret I was top in charms and new some advanced charms. Once in 2nd year, I had a password look on my dorm. I only had to take it off because Olivia kept forgetting the passwords.

"And why should I help you?" I ask. I obviously could help people but when it came to James, I always made him pay a price.

"Because I am your amazing brother." He says sitting next to me with a smile. I push his face away.

"Pay me 30 galleons and I'll do it." They stare at me.

"30 galleons? That's way too much." Peter fusses.

"Well I mean Sirius is an heir to a fortune and a pureblood and James, we're half siblings I know that Fleamont has money." I say truthfully. Fleamont was a pureblood and had his own hair wax company. It was safe to say James had money.